There’s no doubt about it — most vacuum cleaners take up a lot of space. Fortunately, some are smaller than others. Whether you’re living in a dorm or just don’t have much space to store a vacuum, here is a look at some of the best small vacuum cleaners.
Their compact size makes these smaller vacuum cleaners easier to maneuver. Many are designed for multi-floor cleaning, although they often lack the necessary power for deeper carpet cleaning. Aside from price, you may want to consider whether the vacuum is corded or bagless. Some vacuums also come with attachments and extra tools to make cleaning a bit easier.
If you’re looking for something else, browse a wider range of small vacuum cleaners on Amazon for more options.
1. BISSELL Zing Rewind Bagless Canister Vacuum
The BISSELL Zing Rewind Bagless Canister Vacuum stands out for its lightweight and compact design, which makes it easy to maneuver and carry as needed. It also comes with an extension wand and combination crevice tool and dusting brush. You can turn the suction control down or up as needed so that you can sufficiently clean everything from hard floor surfaces to curtains. This vacuum cleaner switches floor surfaces with the flip of a switch. It also has an automatic cord rewind, air flow regulator, and washable filters.
A bagged version, BISSELL Zing Bagged Canister Vacuum, is also available.
Price: $59.23 (15 percent off MSRP)
- Includes an extension wand
- Combination crevice tool and dusting brush
- Automatic cord rewind
- A bit loud
- Some question the durability of the plastic parts
- Lacks a beater bar for deeper cleaning
2. Eufy HomeVac Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
This Eufy vacuum cleaner features a cordless design and upright style. It also comes with a Lithium Ion battery that delivers up to 50 minutes of run time per cleaning session. The dust bin is just under a liter and can be quickly detached for convenient emptying. Other highlights include an electric rolling brush and cyclone suction system for thorough cleaning. A HEPA-style filter traps allergens such as dust and pet dander.
Price: $129.99 (41 percent off MSRP)
- Up to 50 minutes of run time per cleaning
- Large, easily detachable dustbin
- HEPA-style filter
- Doesn’t come with attachments
- Replacement batteries not currently available
3. Hoover BH52210PC Cruise Lightweight Stick Vacuum Cleaner
This small vacuum cleaner weighs just under 5 pounds, making it easy to maneuver and carry around as needed. It also features a long and slender pole for reaching up high to vacuum spaces such as a ceiling fan or shelves. A 2-in-1 design allows users to remove the hand vacuum portion for added convenience. The vacuum comes with crevice and upholstery tools along with a dusting brush and wall mount.
A less expensive option, Hoover Lightweight Stick Vacuum SH20030, is also available.
Price: $143.99 (20 percent off MSRP)
- Long pole for reaching higher up
- Removable hand vacuum
- Includes crevice and upholstery tools
- Dust bin can be difficult to remove
- Sweeper head can be tough to control
- Not ideal for carpeting
4. VonHaus 2-in-1 Corded Upright Stick & Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
Allergy sufferers will appreciate the HEPA filtration in this small vacuum cleaner, along with ample suction power for thorough cleaning on hardwood floors, furniture, carpets, and rugs. Other features include 600 watts of power along with an extension tube for thorough cleaning. The vacuum also comes with a power cord that’s nearly 20 feet long, along with a crevice tool and small brush attachment.
Price: $39.95 (50 percent off MSRP)
- HEPA filtration
- Extension tube
- Works on rugs, carpets, and hardwood floors
- Lacks a rotating brush head
- Plastic material feels flimsy
- Some say it’s not powerful enough for carpeting
Find more VonHaus 2-in-1 Corded Upright Stick & Handheld Vacuum Cleaner information and reviews here.
5. Black + Decker BDH2000L Cordless Hand Vacuum
The Black + Decker BDH2000L Cordless Hand Vacuum comes with a powerful Lithium Ion battery and extended suction power for a longer-lasting performance. Additionally, the vacuum cleaner maintains a charge even when unplugged for up to 18 months. It also has a pivoting nozzle with longer reach for getting into tougher spaces. Other highlights include reduced energy consumption, a fast charging time, and a translucent dirt bowl. The bowl and filter are removable and washable for easier cleaning.
If you’re looking for a less expensive option, consider the Black+Decker HHVI320JR02 Dustbuster Cordless Lithium Hand Vacuum.
Price: $63.99 (12 percent off MSRP)
- Fast charging time
- Pivoting nozzle helps reach into tough places
- Long-lasting Lithium Ion battery
- Battery isn’t replaceable
- Some mention the nozzle extension isn’t held firmly in place
- Charging base isn’t wall-mounted
6. Dirt Devil Simplistik Plus 3-in-1 Corded Stick Vacuum
This budget-friendly Dirt Devil vacuum cleaner is a solid choice for its versatility and lightweight construction. It’s also optimal for carpeting and hardwood floors. Although its lightweight construction and compact size makes the vacuum easy to carry around, you can also use it as a handheld vacuum for cleaning stairs and areas that are higher up. This vacuum also comes with a rinsable filter.
A less expensive alternative, Dirt Devil Simpli-Stik Vacuum, is also available.
Price: $30.00 (6 percent off MSRP)
- Ideal for carpeting and hardwood floors
- Can be converted to a handheld vacuum
- Includes a rinsable filter
- A few mention the relatively short power cord
- Doesn’t come with attachments
- Some wish the suction was better
7. BISSELL 3106-Q Featherweight Lightweight Vacuum
This lightweight stick vacuum is designed for use on area rugs as well as low pile carpets and hard floors. You can easily clean areas above the floor by removing the foot. As an added bonus, it also comes with a crevice tool to reach into tricky spots. Other features include an easily removable dirt cup along with handy cord storage.
Price: $27.99 (7 percent off MSRP)
- Ideal for area rugs, low pile carpet, and hardwood floors
- Can be converted to a hand vacuum
- Includes a crevice tool
- Doesn’t include a brush roller
- Some find the power cord a bit short
- Canister/filter can be tough to clean
8. Electrolux EL2095A Ergorapido 2-1 Stick/Handheld Cordless Vacuum
While this vacuum cleaner costs a bit more than many others on this list, you’ll get more in terms of power, performance, and features. For example, it comes with 180 degree maneuverability. There’s also a lithium battery that delivers over 30 minutes of run time and also charges quickly. Other features include a self-cleaning brushroll that removes tangles on its own, along with a hand vacuum that detaches with the push of a button. LED headlights illuminate the floor for enhanced visibility even in lower light settings.
- 180 degree maneuverability
- Lithium battery provides over 30 minutes of run time
- LED headlights
- A bit underpowered for thicker carpets
- Battery life could be better
Find more Electrolux EL2095A Ergorapido 2-1 Stick/Handheld Cordless Vacuum information and reviews here.
9. Dirt Devil Scorpion Quick Flip Vacuum
This compact handheld vacuum cleaner stands out for its affordable price tag along with features such as a bagless design and an integrated crevice tool to reach into tight spaces. There’s also a 16-foot power cord. A powerful motor helps pick up dust, dirt, and other debris around the house or car.
Price: $25.43 (6 percent off MSRP)
- Bagless design
- Integrated crevice tool
- 16-foot power cord
- Relatively small dust/debris compartment
- Some find it a bit heavy
10. Hoover Linx Cyclonic Lightweight Stick Vacuum
With its combined low profile and swivel steering, this Hoover vacuum cleaner makes it easier to pick up dust and debris in tricky places. It also has cyclonic technology for powerful pickup without losing suction. A recline handle allows the vacuum to reach underneath furniture when necessary. Other features include a fuel gauge that displays remaining battery life, edge cleaning bristles, and multi-floor cleaning.
- Recline handle for reaching under furniture
- Battery life indicator
- Edge cleaning bristles
- Small dust canister
- Several mention the short power cord