One of the most exciting new features about the iPhone 8 and iPhone X is the inclusion of Qi wireless charger compatibility. These charging pads eliminate the annoying process of making sure your phone is plugged in. Instead, one must simply drop their phone on top of one of these affordable mats to begin the charging process. Another great feature that some of these charging pads include is “QC,” also known as quick charging. This feature allows for far more rapid charge times. One important thing to note, however, is that not all of these chargers include an AC adapter; four of them are USB only. Therefore, it is key that if you intend to use your charger directly connected to the wall, that you purchase the appropriate item, number four on our list.
All that out of the way, here’s the five best Qi wireless chargers for iPhone 8 and X from lowest to highest price.
1. Choetech Wireless Charging Pad
This wireless charging pad is great for users who want to use Qi charging to power up their new iPhone 8 or X. It boasts a small form factor, can charge through a thick case, and has a blue LED light to indicate that it’s connected. This is a solid choice if you want a USB-powered charger and are using one of the smaller versions of the phones- such as the iPhone 8 or iPhone X. It’s a great car or home charger at a great price.
Price: $12.99 (35 percent off MSRP)
- Great for a car charger
- Blue light indicates successful charging
- Charges through thick case
- Works great with any Qi-enabled device
- No AC adapter is included; USB charger only
2. JeTech Wireless Charger
This JeTech charger works for all of the new iPhone models and includes many awesome features including LED indicators, a power-efficient idle mode, and a six month warranty from the manufacturer. This charger can charge through some cases and is very affordable (at one of the lowest prices on our list). One negative is that it does have a blinking light which some found distracting when sleeping.
- Six month warranty
- Friendly indicator lights
- Power-efficient idle mode never overcharges or wastes energy
- Weighs only 2.5oz
- Non-slip design
- Can be a bit on the slow side
3. Otium Wireless Charger
This Otium wireless charger and stand is an excellent choice for user who want a charger and a stand for their iPhone 8 or iPhone X. Boasting smart lighting, a 30 day warranty, and compatible with both vertical and horizontal charging, this device provides a lot of options. Plus, it boasts Quick Charge functionality (adapter is required and not included), meaning it can charge your phone up to 1.4x faster than devices without QC functionality. If you want QC without having to buy an adapter (like this AuKey QC adapter for $12.99), see item 8 on our list.
Price: $18.19 (39 percent off MSRP)
- Strong charger can even penetrate some rubber cases
- Two coils for faster charging
- One year manufacturer’s warranty
- Can charge phone completely in under two hours
- USB powered; no AC adapter is included
4. Nanami Fast Charger
Boasting an attractive silver sheen and rectangle blue LED indicator light, this Nanami fast charger is as attractive as it is efficient. Boasting safe charging protection, anti-slip rubber feet, and two wireless modes (including QC charging with adapter that’s purchased separately, like this AuKey QC adapter for $12.99). This charger also has temperature protection meaning it won’t overheat your phone. It’s also available in black if that’s more to your liking.
Price: $19.95 (33 percent off MSRP)
- 1.4 times faster than most chargers
- Two charging modes including fast charge (works on S6 Edge+, S7, S7 Edge, Note 5)
- Features overcharing protection
- Different color LEDs for standby, charging
- Won’t work through an Otter Box
5. Youstoo Leather Charger
With its leather and metal appearance, this Youstoo Leather Charger looks good and works well for wirelessly charging one’s device. It’s as easy as it gets to set your phone down and get to charging. It boasts a cord of decent length, a hip appearance, and matches really well with wooden furniture. This is great for the looks-minded, but in order to use QC (quick charging) it will require an adapter (such as this AuKey QC adapter for $12.99).
- Chic leather appearance
- QC 2.0 fast charging (adapter purchased separately)
- Matches well with wooden furniture
- Fast and effective
- Can’t charge through phone cases at all
6. Anker Charger
Anker is a brand that has risen to the top for good reason: they make great, reliable products. While this charger may not offer the best bang for the buck, it’s as reliable as they come. Boasting a fast charge mode, a non-slip pad, and an 18 month warranty with great customer service, it’s everything one could want from a wireless charger. While it’s not the cheapest way to go, it does it all, including Quick Charge functionality, but you’ll have to add a wall charger ($15.99 on Amazon). Still, if you want to never worry about the reliability of your charger, Anker is the way to go.
Price: $21.99 (69 percent off MSRP)
- Attractive UFO look
- Non-slip grip with compact construction
- 18 month warranty with great customer service
- Compatible with QC
- Not the cheapest charger out there
7. Samsung Wireless Charging Pad
This attractive Samsung charger boasts plenty of great features. It works with all Qi-enabled devices and has a nice, minimal aesthetic. It’s effective for charging through cases, making your night time routine that much more simple. Another great feature of this charger is its bright lights (though some will find this bothersome). One thing to note: as with most of the chargers on this list, wireless charging generally takes longer than wired, so it’s ideal for nighttime or bedtime usage.
Price: $24.99 (38 percent off MSRP)
- One year warranty from Samsung
- Works with all Qi-enabled devices
- LED indicator shows charging
- Can work through some cases
- Some found charge to be too bright
- Charges slower than wall charger
8. Seneo Wireless Charger (QC charger included)
With a green LED, fast-charging capability, and QC charging right out of the box, this charger has it all. Its smart stand design works as a phone holder allowing for vertical or horizontal charging. Unlike some chargers, this unit also include a QC adapter. This charger offers great value for the price.
Price: $32.99 (35 percent off MSRP)
- Works with AC power, includes adapter
- High quality simple stand
- LED system indicates different conditions
- Can charge through a phone case
- Quick Charge 3.0 – fastest method for charging phones
- On the pricey side, but it’s faster and includes AC adapter
9. Youstoo Wireless Charger Stand
For those who want a dashboard dock with a ton of installation options, this Seneo Wireless charger fits the bill. Boasting multiple charging mode with up to 10w max output, a 360 degree rotating ball joint, and a well-designed LED indicator. The charger also has an adjustable bottom bracket that can fit various devices. It’s well-built for durability and reliability in a variety of capacities.
- Fast charger; it charges phones up to 1.5x faster than other models
- 180 day money back guarnatee
- Can install in two different configurations with its suction and clamp mounts
- Includes DC (car) adapter
- No AC power
10. Belkin Boost Up
This Belkin Boost Up will be released December 1st. It will make for a hot pre-order or Christmas gift as it is engineered to work with most cases and boasts more power than other Qi chargers. It will have a green LED indicator that demonstrates successful charging and with its 7.5w output, it is tailored to work maximally well and efficiently with the iPhone 8 or iPhone X.
- Ideal charging pad for iPhone 8, 8 Plus, or iPhone X
- Works with most lightweight cases
- Green LED indicator
- Can charge iPhone 8 fully in 2.5 hours
- AC adapter is a bit large
Heavy, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon. Our product recommendations are guided solely by our editors. We have no relationship with manufacturers.
Discuss on Facebook