The Samsung Galaxy S3 has proven to be the most popular smartphone of 2012, and has been the main proponent of Samsung’s rise as the leading smartphone manufacturer. Because of this, rumors and hype has risen about the S3’s successor. The smartphone hasn’t been revealed by Samsung yet, but here are the top 10 rumors we’ve collected about the device so far.
1. The Samsung Galaxy S4 Will Have 8 Cores
The Samsung Galaxy S4 will run on Exynos 5 Octa processor, which is clocked in at 1.8 GHz. If Samsung optimizes the Samsung Galaxy S4 Touch Wiz interface to this new hardware, it should be blazing fast. No other phone has an 8 core processor!
2. Or Maybe It Won’t Have 8 Cores
The Galaxy S III’s Exynos processor was switched to a Snapdragon processor when it was launched in the U.S. Hopefully they will keep the Exynos this time around.
3. The Screen Will Be Huge And Will Be Sharper Than iPhone’s Retina Display
(Photo Credit: The Droid Library)
4. Samsung Galaxy S4 Will Be Launched This Quarter
The biggest rumor surrounding the Galaxy S4’s release is that it will be announced at Mobile World Congress this February and will most likely be launched in March.
5. Samsung Galaxy S4 Will Have Lots Of Memory
Samsung Galaxy S4 will be have 128GB storage and will have 2GB of RAM. It’s rumored there will be three other versions with low price tags: 16Gb, 32GB and 64GB.
6. Samsung Galaxy S4 Will Have The Sharpest Smartphone Camera Specs
7. The Battery Will Be Charged Wirelessly
8. There Will Be No Tactile Home Button
(Photo Credit: Droid Life)
The Samsung Galaxy S4 UI Design will follow current Android design specifications and will have on-screen navigation buttons, thus removing the well-known physical home button.
9. It Might Not Be Running On The Newest Version Of Android
The new device will most likely be running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and not on Android 4.2. Samsung has always been late to the game upgrading their devices to the newest version of Android, and just opened an upgrade to Android 4.2 to Galaxy S3 users. One thing we can almost be certain about, if the phone is released this Spring, it won’t have Key Lime Pie.
10. The Anticipation For The Galaxy S4 Rivals The Hype Of Any Apple Event
Apple has always been known to draw unprecedented spectacles in anticipation to their iPhone announcements. According to the Wall Street Journal, the growth of anticipation and hype for Samsung’s new Galaxy S4 has surpassed other manufacturers and is comparable only to Apple.