Fed up with frizzy hair? The culprit could be your hair dryer. If your current hair dryer is several years old or simply doesn’t dry your hair like it used to, it’s probably time for a replacement. The market is saturated with hair dryers of all shapes and sizes. Even the top products on the market vary tremendously when it comes to price, features, and performance.
A hair dryer is an investment in your appearance. There’s a comfortable selection of reasonably priced high-performance hair dryers that not only reduce frizz, but also leave hair shiny and healthy. Aside from performance, these hair dryers earn praise for their features, design, and overall style.
1. Revlon RV544PKF 1875W Tourmaline Ionic Ceramic Dryer
Triple baked ceramic technology ensures even heat distribution, which dries hair evenly and precisely. There are two heat/speed settings for fast, complete drying and styling flexibility. Concentrator and diffuser attachments are included, giving you better control over your hairstyle. A handy cold shot button locks the hair in place, helping to maintain your desired style for longer stretches of time. The 1875 watts of power works well for most hair types.
Price: $19.27 (23 percent off MSRP)
- Two heat/speed settings
- Includes concentrator and diffuser attachments
- Triple baked ceramic for even heat distribution
- Cold shot button
- Too forceful for fine hair
- Awkward “Off” switch placement
- Longer drying time for thicker hair
- A bit large and heavy, especially for smaller users
2. BaByliss Pro BABP2800 Porcelain Ceramic 2000-Watt Dryer
If you’re looking for a mid-range hair dryer with all the bells and whistles, this BaByliss Pro is a great choice. Highlights include a 2000 watt ionic technology for speedy and effective drying along with six heat/speed settings. There’s also a cool shot button to keep your style lasting as long as possible. Commercial grade porcelain ceramic material easily withstands high heat while providing exceptional air pressure. A removable filter makes cleaning up less of a hassle.
Price: $49.98 (9 percent off MSRP)
- Six heat/speed settings with cool shot button
- Removable filter
- Durable porcelain ceramic construction
- Extended life a/c motor
- Heavy and cumbersome for some users
- Best for thick hair
- Concentrator attachment tends to pop off
- Doesn’t add volume to hair
3. Remington Ac2015 Tstudio Salon Collection Pearl Ceramic Hair Dryer
A powerful 1875 watt motor provides up to 40 percent faster drying time and extended motor life. Ionic conditioning helps to minimize frizz. Where this hair dryer really stands out, however, is with its patent-pending ceramic pearl technology, which is designed to give you a smooth salon-caliber finish. There are three heat settings and two speeds to suit a variety of hair types. A bonus concentrator and diffuser are included with this dryer.
Price: $24.06 (33 percent off MSRP)
- Powerful 1875 watt motor
- Ceramic pearl technology
- Three heat/two speed settings
- Includes concentrator and diffuser
- Small diffuser
- Lacks power on higher settings
- Blows thin/fine hair around
- Leaves certain hair types frizzy
Find more Remington Ac2015 Tstudio Salon Collection Pearl Ceramic Hair Dryer information and reviews here.
4. Andis RC-2 Ionic1875W Ceramic Hair Dryer with Folding Handle and Retractable Cord (80020)
This affordable hair dryer is geared towards reducing frizziness through ions. As an added bonus, it conditions hair at the same time, leaving it softer and more manageable. A combination of three heat and air speeds ensure proper styling and control, whether your hair is fine and thin or a bit thicker. There’s also a cool shot button to lock in style. You can easily store this dryer thanks to its retractable cord and folding handle. An in-depth video of the hair dryer is available here.
Buy the Andis RC-2 Ionic1875W Ceramic Hair Dryer with Folding Handle and Retractable Cord (80020) here.
- Ions reduce frizz and condition hair
- Features three heat/air speeds
- Comes with cool shot button
- Retractable cord and folding handle for convenient storage
- A bit heavy
- Short retractable cord
- Quite loud
- Retractable cord sometimes fails to retract
Find more Andis RC-2 Ionic1875W Ceramic Hair Dryer with Folding Handle and Retractable Cord (80020) information and reviews here.
Powerful yet efficient motors, reliable results, and the ability to consistently churn out delicious smoothies are some features that make these the top best smoothie makers.Click here to read more
5. Revlon RV408 1875 Watt Full-Size Turbo Dryer
(A review of the closely related Revlon RV484)
If you want a fully capable hair dryer that’s also easy on the wallet, this Revlon dryer is a great bet. The price is quite low, but it has many features found on its pricier counterparts, such as three heat/speed settings and a cold shot button to set the style. Other highlights include a removable end cap for easier cleaning and an airflow concentrator attachment.
- Removable end cap
- Airflow concentrator attachment
- Three heat/speed settings and cold shot button
- Not enough air flow
- Switch feels flimsy
- Lint trap cover pops off easily
- Very loud
6. Conair 1875 Watt Ionic Conditioning Hair Dryer
Here’s another popular hair dryer for the budget-conscious consumer. There’s plenty of power (1875 watts) and ionic conditioning control for less frizz and easier manageability. If you dislike loud dryers, you’ll appreciate this model’s quiet-tone motor. There are two heat/speed settings along with a cool shot button for long-lasting style. A concentrator provides pinpoint styling with the diffuser works well for curly or wavy styles.
Price: $14.94 (40 percent off MSRP)
- 1875 watts of power
- Two heat/speed settings and cool shot button
- Quiet-tone motor
- Comes with concentrator and diffuser
- Prolonged drying time
- Highest heat setting isn’t hot enough
- Awkward control buttons
7. Rusk Speed Freak Professional Ceramic Tourmaline Hair Dryer
The higher price tag might scare off budget-conscious shoppers, but this midrange dryer has a lot to offer — especially for those with thicker hair. Unlike some less expensive models, the Rusk has seven heat and speed settings. It’s also shock proof, which makes for safer all-around operation. Another bonus is the removable filter for easier cleaning and maintenance.
Price: $56.60 (62 percent off MSRP)
- Contains seven heat/speed settings
- Removable filter
- 2000 watts of power
- Not good for fine hair
- Prolonged drying time
- Can overheat and shut off on highest setting
- Finicky sliding button
8. Rimini 1500W Tourmaline Ionic Ceramic Professional Hair Dryer
This dryer is one step up from the cheapest models. For the price, you’ll find a powerful 1500 watt fan that helps to reduce drying time without sacrificing performance. Advanced ionic technology offers frizz reduction for hair while making it smoother and shinier. A customized concentration nozzle offers precise styling and condensed air flow. There are three heat levels and two power levels along with a cool shot button, giving you full control over your hair every time.
Price: $29.00 (41 percent off MSRP)
- 1500 watt motor
- Ionic technology reduces frizz for smoother, shinier hair
- Includes three heat and two power levels
- Optimal for right and left-handed users
- Not ideal for fine/thin hair
- Very short cord
- Concentration nozzle doesn’t stay put
- No noticeable frizz reduction
Find more Rimini 1500W Tourmaline Ionic Ceramic Professional Hair Dryer information and reviews here.
9. Vidal Sassoon Vsdr5523 1875w Stylist Travel Dryer
If you’re in the market for a travel-sized dryer, this Vidal Sassoon model is your best bet. You’ll find similar performance and features as you would expect in a regular sized dryer, including two heat and speed settings and a cold shot button. A folding handle makes for convenient storage in tight spaces, as does the lightweight and compact design. There’s a worldwide dual voltage for consistent performance no matter where you’re headed.
- Compact size
- Lightweight construction
- Two heat/speed settings and a cold shot button
- Folding handle and compact design
- Lacks good handle grip
- Tends to overheat on highest setting
- Very noisy
- Prolonged drying time
10. T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i Ion Generator Hair Dryer
The T3 is the highest priced hair dryer on our list. However, this top notch dryer has a lot to offer, such as exclusive SoftAireTM technology that won’t damage the hair as much as traditional drying along with ion-enriched air for faster hair drying. A specifically engineered fan produces a high volume of air without the chaotic windflow that often damages cuticles and leads to split ends. Negative ions within the airflow work rapidly to eliminate static and seal the cuticle, which in turn allows the hair to retain its natural moisture.
- SoftAireTM technology for healthier drying
- Ion-enriched air dries hair quickly
- Maximizes airflow concentration
- Includes Tourmaline ceramic brush
- Too harsh for thin hair
- Quite heavy
- Attachment prone to excessive movement
- Heats up slowly