From a day on your favorite hiking trails to the office, a good water bottle is essential for staying hydrated. Some water bottles feature insulation, making them useful for keeping your food or drink hot or cold for hours at a time. Other bottles stand out for features that include a wide mouth for easy cleaning, BPA-free material, and a durable glass construction. Depending on your needs you may narrow down your search to include bottles with a convenient carrying strap, biking water bottles, or that bottles fit nicely into a standard cup holder. Need more options? Browse additional water bottles.
1. Nalgene Tritan Wide Mouth BPA-Free Water Bottle
This 1-quart Nalgene water bottle features a durable BPA-free material and an opening that works with most water filters. Features include milliliter and ounce markings and a wide mouth that’s easy to clean and lets you easily add ice cubes to your drink. You won’t have to worry about a stressful cleanup process as this water bottle is dishwasher safe on the top rack.
Price: $9.99 (24 percent off MSRP)
- Durable material
- Wide mouth opening
- Too big for most car cup holders
- Can get a bit heavy to carry around
- Lid can melt in the dishwasher
2. MIRA Insulated Double Wall Vacuum Stainless Steel Water Bottle
The MIRA is vacuum insulated to keep your beverages hot or cold. In fact, it can help keep your drinks chilled up to 12 hours at a time. The material is a durable 18/8 stainless steel, while the cap is both BPA and phthalate-free. At 17 ounces, the water bottle is compact enough for easy transportation yet large enough to hold your favorite drinks. The bottle won’t sweat even if it’s filled with ice. If you prefer a wider color selection and don’t mind spending a bit more, consider the S’well Stainless Steel Water Bottle.
Price: $18.95 (58 percent off MSRP)
- Vacuum insulated
- 18/8 stainless steel material
- 17-ounce capacity
- Finish scratches easily
- Some wish there were more color choices
- Can be hard to fit ice cubes through the opening
Find more MIRA Insulated Double Wall Vacuum Stainless Steel Water Bottle information and reviews here.
3. Thermos Nissan Intak Hydration Water Bottle with Meter
This water bottle is made with an impact-resistant BPA-free material. Its unique ergonomic design makes the bottle comfortable to grip, while a convenient rotating meter makes it easy to keep track of your daily consumption. This Thermos bottle comes with a push button sip lid that’s easy to open as well as hygienic. A flip up carrying loop lets you bring the bottle wherever you go.
- BPA-free material
- Ergonomic design
- Push button sip lid
- Could use more insulation
- Rubber lid insert is easy to lose
- Some issues with the rotating meter moving on its own
4. Infuser Water Bottle Sport Flip-top
If you cringe at the thought of sipping plain water all day, consider this fruit infuser water bottle. All you need to do is slice up your favorite fruit, put the pieces in the infusion basket, and shake the bottle. Then simply wait a few minutes and you can enjoy delicious flavored water. The locking flip-top lid holds contents secure so you don’t have to worry about leaks and spills. The water bottle is made from a sturdy BPA-free material.
Price: $12.95 (64 percent off MSRP)
- Locking flip-top lid
- BPA-free material
- User-friendly design
- Large amounts of fruit can slow down water flow
- Some find the flip top to be confusing
- Material feels a bit flimsy
5. CamelBak eddy .75L Water Bottle
Take this spill-proof CamelBak water bottle with you wherever you go thanks to an integrated handle that is just as easy to carry with a finger as it is to transport with a backpack or a waist belt. The water bottle is made with a durable BPA-free material that also holds up well in the dishwasher. A redesigned cap and innovative valve ensures a faster flow into your mouth. If you need a larger capacity, consider the CamelBak Chute 1L Water Bottle.
Price: $12.74 (15 percent off MSRP)
- Spill-proof design
- Faster water flow
- Integrated carry handle
- Some find the bite-to-open top inconvenient
- Can be tough to thoroughly clean
- Straw can be a bit awkward
6. Polar Bottle Insulated Water Bottle
If you’re looking for an insulated water bottle that keeps drinks cold for extended periods of time, this Polar Bottle is worth a close look. A double wall construction, combined with a thermal barrier, helps to hold the cold in while keeping the heat at bay. The durable material is free from BPA and phthalates. This water bottle features a wide mouth that lets you easily add ice cubes. As an added bonus it also fits into most standard bike water bottle cages.
Price: $7.97 (20 percent off MSRP)
- Double wall construction
- Wide mouth
- Fits into most bike water bottle cages
- A few complaints about the water tasting like plastic
- Can get moldy if it isn’t cleaned right away
- Some wish the insulation was better
7. Nalgene On The Fly Water Bottle
This Nalgene bottle works just as well for outdoor activities as it does for indoor ones. Carrying it around is easy as the water bottle fits into standard cup holders and bike water bottle cages. The dishwasher-safe material is durable and BPA-free. A generous 24-ounce capacity lets you fill up the bottle with your favorite beverage and sip it throughout the day. A locking bale ensures that the bottle’s contents won’t spill on the go.
Price: $10.03 (24 percent off MSRP)
- Fits into standard and bike cage cup holders
- 24-ounce capacity
- Locking bale keeps contents from spilling
- Top can be tough to close
- Rubber lip can get dirty very quickly
- Awkwardly positioned spout cover
8. Embrava Sports Water Bottle
While you don’t have to use this water bottle for sports and other activities, it has a number of features that athletes and active individuals will appreciate. For example, it just takes one click to open the bottle. A convenient carrying strap means that you simply have to slide your hand in and begin drinking, taking the water bottle with you wherever you go. The 18-ounce bottle is made from an impact-resistant material that’s free from potentially harmful materials such as BPA and other toxins.
Price: $19.95 (50 percent off MSRP)
- Ideal for athletes
- Side carrying strap
- Durable impact-resistant material
- Not dishwasher safe
- Can’t fit into some bike bottle cages
- Lacks insulation
9. Hydro Flask Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle
This Hydro Flask water bottle features a 40-ounce capacity and a wide mouth that makes it easy to add in ice cubes. A double wall vacuum insulation helps to keep drinks cold up to 24 hours and hot up to six hours. The material is a durable BPA-free premium grade 18/8 stainless steel. The powder-coated matte finish not only looks good, but will remain sweat-free. A smaller 21-ounce Hydro Flask Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle is also available. Looking for a similarly constructed bottle designed for sports? Consider the Klean Kanteen Classic Stainless Steel Bottle With Sport Cap.
Price: $36.20 (2 percent off MSRP)
- 40-ounce capacity
- Durable 18/8 stainless steel material
- Won’t sweat
- Too big for most standard cup holders
- A bit heavy
- Material scratches easily
10. Contigo Autospout Addison Water Bottle
This Contigo bottle is available in a wide range of fun colors. The BPA-free material is highly impact resistant and won’t retain odors or stain. If you don’t want to deal with time-consuming cleanup, you’ll appreciate that this water bottle is top-rack dishwasher safe. The bottle’s slender design allows it to fit nicely into most standard car cup holders. A wide opening conveniently fits ice cubes while the spout shield protects the drinking spout. If you don’t want to bother with a flip top, consider the Contigo AUTOSEAL Water Bottle.
- Available in many colors
- BPA-free material won’t stain
- Wide mouth opening
- Not ideal for hot beverages
- Lacks insulation
- Rubber lid gasket falls out easily