Protect your eyes from the sun and the elements as you pound out the miles on your favorite running routes. These running sunglasses offer features such as larger lenses and secure rubber grips that hold the glasses tightly in place even when you begin to perspire.
Fit is one of the most important considerations, as sunglasses that are too small or too large can cause frustration and discomfort. You’ll find sunglasses specifically designed for women, those with smaller heads, or those with medium to large heads. Other features to consider include anti-fog construction, the amount of ventilation, and the size of the lenses.
You can find a wide selection of similar products by shopping more sunglasses for runners on Amazon.
1. Oakley Men’s Flak 2.0 XL Sunglasses
The Oakley Flak 2.0 XL sunglasses feature extended lens coverage along with a curved lens for optimal protection against the elements, including the sun and wind. The earsocks and nosepads are designed to hold the sunglasses in place even after you’ve begun to sweat. The stress-resistant frame is lightweight yet durable enough for full-day protection and comfort. These Oakley sunglasses have interchangeable lenses along with a standard frame size.
Price: $109.99 – $210.00
- Extended lens coverage
- Designed to stay in place despite perspiration
- Lenses are interchangeable
- May be a bit large for smaller heads
- A few wish the lenses were a little bit darker
2. Julbo Aerolite Trail Running Sunglasses
The Julbo Aerolite Trail Running Sunglasses are specifically designed to fit women along with runners and cyclists with smaller faces. The Aerolite builds off of the Aero sunglasses, which are particularly designed to meet the demands of trail runners. Highlights include a solid grip, even when sweaty, and plenty of ventilation so that skin can breathe. A rimless design, combined with a wide lens surface, ensures unobstructed vision and full air circulation to prevent fog.
A similar option, Julbo Race 2.0 Sunglasses, is also available.
- Ample ventilation
- Rimless design
- Full air circulation keeps lenses from fogging
- Some find it takes awhile to get used to the rimless design
- A handful of users wish the glasses were a bit tighter to prevent them from sliding down
3. Tifosi Jet Wrap Sunglasses
The Tifosi Jet sunglasses feature a sporty design and 100 percent UV protection coating, making them a solid choice for any athlete. These Tifosi sunglasses also come in a variety of colors and are easy on the wallet. Features include rubber ear and nose pieces that stay firmly in place despite perspiration, and a glare guard for extra eye protection. The frame stands out for its durability and high resistant to both UV and chemical damage. It’s also lightweight enough for hours of comfort.
- Glare guard
- Rubber ear and nose pieces keep glasses firmly in place
- Comfortable, lightweight frame
- May fog a bit, especially on humid days
- Those with larger heads may find them a bit tight
- A few caution the materials can scratch easily
4. Under Armour Igniter 2.0 Sunglasses
The Under Armour Igniter 2.0 Sunglasses are designed to fit medium to large heads. Highlights include a three point grip, which keeps the sunglasses firmly in place while you run, along with an adjustable nose pad for a more customized fit. Performance-oriented lenses block up to 100 percent of UVA, UVB, and UVC rays. The temples are designed to conform to individual head shapes for a more secure fit without pressure or squeezing.
Price: $79.12 (21 percent off MSRP)
- Ideal for medium to large heads
- Three point grip keeps sunglasses firmly in place
- Adjustable nose pad for customized fit
- Protective lens coating may eventually wear off
- Some mention the rubber pieces can turn yellow over time
- A few find them a bit too small/tight for larger heads
5. Nike Tailwind Swift E Sunglasses
The Nike Tailwind Swift sunglasses offer the same benefits as the Nike Tailwind sunglasses. However, they add a curved lens shape for optimal coverage and comfort mile after mile. An aerodynamic design ensures you can maintain your maximum desired speed, while the lightweight material remains comfortable throughout your workout. These Nike sunglasses are designed for distance runners and have features such as ventilated temple arms to keep fogging and moisture buildup at bay along with a slight gap in the lens for optimal ventilation. A floating nosepad promotes airflow and helps absorb impacts.
- Curved lens promotes comfort and coverage
- Aerodynamic design
- Plenty of ventilation to avoid fogging and excess moisture build-up
- Lenses aren’t polarized
- May be a bit large for smaller heads