We’re on the road to Fastlane and things are starting to get pretty dramatic in the WWE world. After Brock Lesnar’s major in-ring statement in the waning moments of Raw on Monday night, this week’s round of Smackdown, which was taped in Memphis, Tennessee on Tuesday night, made sure to keep things just a little bit crazy.
We’ve got all the spoilers and results from this week’s event here and we can promise that this one is going to be good. Here we go:
- Roman Reigns took on Rusev to get things started in Tennessee, however the match wrapped up with a disqualification when Alberto Del Rio interfered. Then, Dean Ambrose (still Reigns’ ally for now) appeared to make the save. The League of Nations continues to be vaguely problematic, but Reigns, finally got the upperhand when he brought a steel chair in the ring. That was enough to send them running.
- In a non-title match, but pretty impressive matchup, Kevin Owens faced off against WWE United States Champion Kalisto. The improbable champion got the win after Dolph Ziggler, who was doing in-match commentary, came in for the assist. But, after the match ended, Owens got a bit of revenge laying out both Ziggler and Kalisto.
- Ryback defeated Erick Rown, but Braun Strowman appeared after the match and tried to attack Ryback.
- The Sasha Banks-Becky Lynch feud went to the next level after The Boss interrupted a backstage interview. This new dynamic, particularly after the Lynch-Charlotte stoyline, feels like a bit of Divas fresh air.
- As promise on Raw, AJ Styles and The Miz battled. Chris Jericho also took in the match from ringside. Once again, Styles was dominant in the ring, finishing with the Calf Killer. The WWE has promised that next week on SmackDown we’ll get Lesnar and Styles vs. Jericho.
- WWE Tag Team Champions are interrupted in the ring during a promo by Heath Slater, Curtis Axel and Adam Rose. This, of course, leads to a match and The New Day Win.
- Charlotte gets a bit of post-Raw revenge with a win over Alicia Fox and Brie Bella in a non-title match.
- WWE Intercontinental Champion Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns team up to take on Albert Del Rio and Rusev again with Ambrose and Reigns getting the win.
SmackDown airs at 8 p.m. on Thursday night on the USA Network.