Chicago Bears head coach Marc Trestman has benched starting quarterback Jay Cutler for backup Jimmy Clausen.
The moves comes in the wake of a 31-15 home loss to the New Orleans Saints on Monday Night Football where Cutler performed terribly, turning the football over three times — extending his NFL-leading total to 24.
Here’s what you need to know:
1. Clausen was a Star at Notre Dame
His career totals as quarterback of the Fighting Irish: 62.6 comp%, 8,148 passing yards, 60 touchdowns, 27 interceptions, 137.2 rating.
2. Clausen was Drafted By the Carolina Panthers
He was a 2nd-round pick (48th overall selection) in the 2010 NFL Draft.
3. Clausen has Started 10 Games in the Pros
His professional statistics are not as good; he owns an 1-9 overall record, completing just 51.2 of his passes for 160 yards-per-game, 3 touchdowns and 9 interceptions.
4. Clausen Makes Over $17 Million Less Than What Cutler Does
5. Marc Trestman Is on the Hot Seat