Robert Morris Colonials 29-52 — 81
North Florida Ospreys 35-42 — 77
Kavon Stewart hit 2 free throws with just under 10 seconds left to seal Robert Morris’ win over North Florida in a First Four game Wednesday night in Dayton, Ohio.
Lucky Jones had 21 points to lead the Colonials, who advanced to face West Region top seed Duke on Friday.
Stewart had made just 3 of 8 foul shots before sinking the game-clinchers.
Rodney Pryor had 20 points and Marcquise Reed had 19 for RMU, which did not commit a turnover in the second half.
North Florida’s Beau Beech led all scorers with 28 points.
The Ospreys had a 13-point lead, but Robert Morris rallied.
The Colonials hit just 4 of 16 3-point attempts and 21 of 34 free throws, but had 12 steals compared to UNF’s 1.
For a live boxscore, click here.
Live Game Updates
– Robert Morris got its first NCAA Tournament win in 32 years
– Robert Morris has not committed a turnover in the second half
– Robert Morris had an 11-0 run early in the second half
– North Florida used a 17-4 run over a 4-minute span to grab the lead late in the first half
– UNF hit 6 of 11 3-pointers in the first half, Robert Morris only 1 of 8
– The Ospreys turned the ball over 10 times before the half, Robert Morris 5
Beau Beach, 28 points
Jalen Nesbitt, 14 points
Dallas Moore, 13 points
Lucky Jones, 21 points
Rodney Pryor, 20 points
Marcquise Reed, 19 points