Editor’s note: Sign up with DraftKings here and enter the free $100K fantasy football contest for Week 1 of the NFL season. The winner takes home $10,000.
Thursday night marks the start of the NFL season when the New England Patriots host the Pittsburgh Steelers.
A couple pretty good tight ends on those teams. The Steelers have Heath Miller, who has been a reliable target for Ben Roethlisberger for years. The Patriots have this guy named Rob Gronkowski, who is a touchdown maker on the field and a social media headline maker off it. He really needs no introduction.
And there was no hesitation to put him at No. 1 when making my Week 1 tight end rankings, which you will find below. Miller made the list, too, at No. 11.
Now that the season is here, each week I’ll be doing fantasy football rankings for quarterbacks, running backs, wide receivers, tight ends and defenses/special teams. Bookmark our fantasy football rankings 2015 page to keep up-to-date on the latest projections and rankings so you know you who to start and who to sit in your league. You can find Week 1’s rankings at the above link.
Keep reading to see our Week 1 tight end rankings:
1. Rob Gronkowski, Patriots, vs. Steelers
2. Jimmy Graham, Seahawks, at Rams
3. Greg Olsen, Panthers, at Jaguars
4. Martellus Bennett, Bears, vs. Packers
5. Delanie Walker, Titans, at Buccaneers
6. Travis Kelce, Chiefs, at Texans
7. Jordan Cameron, Dolphins, at Redskins
8. Jason Witten, Cowboys, vs. Giants
9. Owen Daniels, Broncos, vs. Ravens
10. Kyle Rudolph, Vikings, at 49ers
11. Heath Miller, Steelers, at Patriots
12. Tyler Eifert, Bengals, at Raiders
13. Charles Clay, Bills, vs. Colts
14. Larry Donnell, Giants, at Cowboys
15. Zach Ertz, Eagles, at Falcons
16. Dwayne Allen, Colts, at Bills
17. Jordan Reed, Redskins, vs. Dolphins
18. Jared Cook, Rams, vs. Seahawks
19. Josh Hill, Saints, at Cardinals
20. Vernon Davis, 49ers, vs. Vikings