We’ve got one final event before Sunday’s Payback pay-per-view and the WWE is certainly ready to add an extra level of drama to this week’s SmackDown.
The biggest names on the WWE roster took a bit of a hit earlier this week as the likes of Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose were each handed fairly significant beat downs on RAW and there’s certainly going to be consequences here.
Or, you know, pre-Payback. That was a wrestling-related pun. Read on for a look at the results from this week’s SmackDown, which taped in Manchester, New Hampshire:
- WWE World Heavyweight Champion Roman Reigns and WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz, joined in the ring by Maryse, kick off SmackDown with an in-ring segment. It all ends with The Miz attacking Reigns.
- Sami Zayn, Cesaro and WWE United States Champion Kalisto defeated Sheamus, Rusev and Alberto Del Rio by count out. The League of Nations breaks up after the loss.
- Baron Corbin cruised to a victory over Damien Sandow.
- Dean Ambrose was part of The Ambrose Asylum with Natalya, Charlotte and Ric Flair. Then this reportedly happened:
- Enzo Amore and Bigg Cass vs. The Social Outcasts went down with The New Day on commentary. They, naturally, made Byron sit on the floor. Amore and Cass win the match, but only after The Vaudevillains came out for a staredown in the middle of it.
- Apollo Crews took down Stardust.
- Roman Reigns faced off against The Miz and was once again attacked by Luke Gallows and karl Anderson. The Usos and AJ Styles also showed up. In other words, Payback is going to be vaguely chaotic.
SmackDown airs at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday on USA Network.