With the French Open on the horizon, the clay court prep continues this week with the 2016 Internazionali BNL d’Italia, otherwise known as the Rome Masters.
Like most other tournaments on clay, Rafael Nadal has dominated to the tune of a record seven titles, although Novak Djokovic, who is coming off a win in Madrid, has an impressive four to his name. Together, the pair has won the last 11 titles at the Foro Italico.
On the women’s side, Maria Sharapova and Serena Williams have combined to win the last five titles, but with Sharapova out of action and Serena in a bit of a slump–at least by her lofty standards–we could be in line for a new champ.
First-round play continues on Monday. Here’s everything you need to know to watch:
Rome Masters Viewing Info, Monday, May 9
TV Channel: Tennis Channel (USA, 5 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. ET), Sky Sports (United Kingdom), Movistar+ (Spain). You can click here for a list of TV providers for different countries around the world.
Schedule of Play
Note: This is for the two main courts. You can click here for a complete schedule of play for every court.
(10) Milos Raonic vs. Marco Cecchinato: 7 a.m. ET; Noon local
(10) Lucie Safarova vs. Francesca Schiavone: Following previous match
Fabio Fognini vs. Guillermo Garcia-Lopez: Following previous match
Alexander Zverev vs. Grigor Dimitrov: Not before 2:30 p.m. ET; 7:30 p.m. local
(13) Ana Ivanovic vs. Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova: Following previous match
(11) Richard Gasquet vs. Julien Benneteau: 6 a.m. ET; 11 a.m. local
Nick Kyrgios vs. Salvatore Caruso: Following previous match
(14) Sara Errani vs. Heather Watson: Following previous match
Madison Keys vs. Andrea Petkovic: Following previous match
(14) Gael Monfils vs. Thomaz Bellucci: Not before 2:30 p.m. ET; 7:30 p.m. local