There are only a few weeks left of Smackdown spoilers, so WWE fans had better embrace them while they can. As was recently announced, Smackdown is heading to Tuesday nights and is going live, meaning results can no longer leak out online between the time of the taping and the time of the air date.
For now, though, we can still revel in some juicy spoilers, and the results from this week’s Smackdown just hit the Internet courtesy of Wrestling News. It certainly sounds like an interesting show, during which The Club will follow up their brutal attack of John Cena by going after New Day. Especially after that shocking A.J. Styles twist on Monday Night Raw, this Smackdown will certainly be one worth tuning into, and there are plenty of other exciting matches in store as well.
Here’s a full list of the results of Smackdown for this week, June 2. Obviously, major spoilers lie ahead:
- The show opens with New Day recapping events from this week’s Monday Night Raw before being cut short by The Club. People being cut short by The Club is a new theme, apparently. This section of the show ends with the booking of a match between Kofi Kingston and A.J. Styles, the night’s main event.
- Becky Lynch defeats Charlotte, the current women’s champion, by disqualification when Dana Brooke interferes in the match. Natalya also joins in, and after the fight she and Becky go up against Charlotte and Dana.
- The Dudley Boyz defeat The Golden Truth after an interference by Tyler Breeze and Fandango, who leave R-Truth distracted. The match ends with a brief promo for Breeze and Fandango.
- Dean Ambrose and Sami Zayn defeat Kevin Owens and Alberto Del Rio. The match concludes with Cesaro running in, taking down Owens, and grabbing the Money in the Bank briefcase.
- Rusev defeats Jack Swagger. After the match, Rusev attacks Swagger but Titus O’Neil comes in for the save.
- In the main event, A.J. Styles defeats Kofi Kingston, and the show ends with a brawl between The Club and New Day.
Smackdown airs this Thursday, June 2 at 8 p.m. EST on the USA Network.