During Sony’s Gamescom 2013 livestream event, the biggest news of all came to light (FINALLY!) – the official release date and launch schedule for the PS4.
The PS4 will release on November 15, 2013 (US) and November 29, 2013 (UK). It will release in 32 countries. The $400 console has already passed 1 million pre-orders.
Here’s some extra info that we derived from Sony’s PS4/PS3/PS Vita press conference:
– The new free-to-play experience, LittleBigPlanet Hub, was announced for PS3. It’s releasing later in 2013.
– Borderlands 2 is coming to the PS Vita.
– Gran Turismo 6 is coming to the PS3 on December 6, 2013.
– The PS Vita will now cost $200/200 Euros. The price of the Vita memory cards will also decrease.
– Gamers who purchase Battlefield 4, Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag, Call of Duty: Ghosts or Watch Dogs on the PS3 will be able to purchase each game’s digital counterpart at a discount for the PS4. Electronic Arts, Activision and Warner Bros. are the companies that were named as a part of this program (so far…).
– Color variations (Magma Red, Wave Blue) will be available for #59.99 by the end of 2013.
– According to IGN.com, Sony’s augmented reality feature (Playroom) will come pre-installed on every PS4:
During their Gamescom Briefing, Sony reminded the audience that their augmented reality experiment, The Playroom, will be pre-installed on every PS4. Playroom was announced at E3 2013 and uses AR technology to simulate a Wii Sports style experience using the DualShock 4’s light bar and other system functions. The PlayStation 4 Eye camera, however, is not bundled with every system.
– And according to GameInformer.com, Sony and Twitch have a new partnership that will be showcased on the PS4:
Sony and Twitch have announced a new partnership for the PlayStation 4 that will bring users even closer to streaming and viewing game-focused content. The Share button on the Dual Shock 4 might as well be called the “Twitch” button. The pair have announced that simply by hitting the button on the PlayStation 4 controller, users can immediately start streaming to their Twitch channels. In addition, the PlayStation 4’s user interface will allow gamers to view content from other broadcasters.
– A bunch of new games were announced. Check out the link below for the PS4 exclusive games list.
– Here’s the launch games list for the PS4:
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Skylanders Swap Force
Need for Speed: Rivals
Madden NFL 25
NBA Live 14
Killzone: Shadow Fall
Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag
Just Dance 2014
LEGO Marvel Superheroes
– Here’s all the digital titles that will be available for the PS4 in 2013:
– Basement Crawl
– Blacklight: Retribution
– DC Universe Online
– Doki-Doki Universe
– Pinball Arcade
– Planetside 2
– Pool Nation Extreme
– Super Motherload
– Tiny Brains
– War Thunder