6. The Career Mode Will Include Elements of The Ultimate Fighter Reality Show
The career mode for EA Sports UFC will center on a player created fighter that has to work his way into the UFC by competing on The Ultimate Fighter reality show. Players will use their fighter as they take part in the game’s rendition of the reality show’s challenges and fights. Once they succeed and get to enter the UFC, players will then take their fighters into a substantial MMA career.
The career mode will gauge your fighter’s fight life span through the use of a career-longevity-meter. As you participate in fights, the meter will start to deplete. Winning easier fights will only take off a small fraction of this bar, while tougher fights will deplete a bigger portion of it. However, you’ll gain more fans and earn better career opportunities if you put on more exciting fights.
7. Here’s the Game’s Heavyweight, Light Heavyweight, Middleweight, Welterweight and Lightweight Roster
Check out the lists below to see which fighters will be included on the game’s respective roster:
• Heavyweight – Cain Velasquez, Fabricio Werdum, Junior Dos Santos, Travis Browne, Antonio Silva, Alistair Overeem, Mark Hunt, Roy Nelson, Frank Mir, Minotauro Nogueria, Gabriel Gonzaga and Pat Berry.
• Light Heavyweight – Jon Jones, Alexander Gustafsson, Rashad Evans, Glover Teixeira, Daniel Cormier, Dan Henderson, Phil Davis, Mauricio Rua, Chael Sonnen, Ryan Bader, Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, Wanderlei Silva, Forrest Griffin and Chuck Liddell.
• Middleweight – Chris Weidman, Anderson Silva, Lyota Machida, Vitor Belfort, Ronaldo Souza, Luke Rockhold, Mark Munoz, Michael Bisping, Francis Carmont, Costas Philippou, Gegard Mousasi, Cung Le, Royce Gracie and Rich Franklin.
• Welterweight – Johny Hendricks, Robbie Lawler, Rory MacDonald, Carlos Condit, Jake Ellenberger, Demian Maia, Tarec Saffiedine, Georges St-Pierre, Nick Diaz, Martin Kampmann, Josh Koscheck and Pascal Krauss.
• Lightweight – Anthony Pettis, Gilbert Melendez, Benson Henderson, Josh Thomson, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Edson Barboza, Terry Etim, Donald Cerrone, Sam Stout, Jim Miller, Gray Maynard, Joe Lauzon, Nate Diaz, TJ Grant and Ross Pearson.
8. And Here’s the Featherweight, Bantamweight, Flyweight and Women’s Bantamweight Playable Fighters
And here’s the final listing of the fighters who will be selectable in the final four roster in the game:
• Featherweight – José Aldo, Chad Mendes, Frankie Edgar, Ricardo Lamas, Cub Swanson, Chan Sung Jung, Dustin Poirier, Clay Guida, Dennis Siver, Conor McGregor and B.J. Penn.
• Bantamweight – Dominick Cruz, Renan Barão, Urijah Faber, Michael McDonald, Eddie Wineland, Mike Easton, Erik Perez and Brian Bowles.
• Flyweight – Demetrious Johnson, John Dodson, Joseph Benavidez, Ian McCall, Tim Elliott, Brad Pickett, Louis Gaudinot, Scott Jorgensen and Darren Uyenoyama.
• Women’s Bantamweight – Ronda Rousey, Cat Zingano, Alexis Davis, Miesha Tate, Sara McMann, Sarah Kaufman and Liz Carmouche.
9. Bruce Lee Will Be Playable in the Game
Renowned mixed martial arts legend Bruce Lee will actually be a selectable fighter within the game. For those who pre-order the game, they shall be gifted with a code that will instantly unlock Bruce Lee. Lee can also be obtained in the game by completing the career mode on pro difficulty or higher.
10. The Public Demo Will Be Playable Come June 3
On June 3 (Tuesday), PS4 and Xbox One owners will get the chance to sample the game early via a downloadable demo. This demo will allow players to participate in a player-controlled rematch of UFC 165’s main event (UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson).