PC gamers need to be as comfortable as possible when it comes to those gaming marathons. We’ve already listed an array of amazing gaming chairs that should make you feel great as you blast aliens and save the world. Now we’re here to offer you 10 gaming controllers that make your PC gaming experience 10x better. These PC Gaming controllers apply to all manners of gaming, plus we delve into a few retro gaming controller or racing controller setups. We hope you enjoy this latest peripheral list, PC gamers!
1. Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for Windows
This tried and true controller is known for its high-class design on the Xbox 360. The familiar features – the comfortable ergonomic design, vibration feedback, easy to utilize analog buttons and precise shoulder buttons and triggers. The D-Pad on this controller may not be as great as its Xbox One counterpart, but this is still one of the finest PC gaming controllers there is.
- Works flawlessly with desktop and laptop Windows PC’s
- Well-fitting design
- Not so great D-pad
- Vibration feature must be installed via plug-in
2. Logitech Gamepad F310
Logitech’s name is closely associated with the finest PC gaming peripherals there is. The Logitech Gamepad F310 is proof of how great their gaming devices are. It’s design is comparable to the DualShock controller used with PlayStation consoles. All 10 of its buttons can be programmed to fit your style of play and it comes with an 8-way D-Pad that’s pretty simple to program. This gamepad primarily works with Windows-based gaming software.
- Great design with a nice mix between the DualShock and Xbox 360 controller
- Allows customization options that can be attached to several player profiles
- Cheap price
- Works with most games
- Trigger button placement feels a bit off
3. Microsoft Xbox One Controller + Cable for Windows
The Xbox One controller is one of the best gaming controllers on the market right now. Microsoft took the best attributes of the Xbox 360 controller and wiped the slate clean by getting rid of its issues. The final results comes in the form of this new gamepad, which comes with smoother analog sticks, easier to recognize face buttons and an improved D-Pad. Enjoy your game playing on your Windows PC with this high-quality Microsoft controller.
- Great D-pad
- Works wired and wirelessly
- Improved analog sticks
- Needs batteries or chargeable separate battery pack
4. Logitech Gamepad F710
We’re going to present to you another Logitech gamepad for PC play. This wireless controller offers up the type of awesome vibration functions needed to engross you further in the game. It features the DualShock design and adopts the face button structure seen Xbox gamepads, so this item is a nice mix of both. It’s smaller stature should make this controller a better pick for gamers with smaller hands.
- Nice, smooth controller feel
- Can be used for up to 6-feet away from your PC
- Rubberized analog sticks feel nice
- Face buttons sound too loud
5. NYKO TECHNOLOGIES 80650 Airflow Ex Pc Game Controller
This Nyko PC gaming controller is a top pick thanks to its one discerning feature – an inner fan that cools your hands off while you go crazy playing FPS deathmatch sessions. This controller can be programmed to do anything and everything when it comes to playing current or older games on your PC. It’s big enough for everyone to utilize and its fanning feature is there to make you feel as comfortable as possible.
Price: Price Ranges
- Great inner fan feature
- Feels and looks like a PS2 DualShock controller
- Great rubber grips
- Cross directional D-pad isn’t so great
- Doesn’t work to well with 2D games
6. Sabrent Twelve-Button USB 2.0 Game Controller For PC (USB-GAMEPAD)
Sabrent has a knack for developing great gaming PC gaming controllers like its competitors. This 12-button gamepad isn’t a terror to approach, thankfully. It feels good and looks just as good as some of the other controllers on this list. Sure, it includes a wire (we know that’s sort of an issue for gamers who prefer wireless gamepads). This gamepad is still awesome to have, though. Windows PC and MAC gamers should give this product a look and buy.
- Very comfortable design with inner fan
- PS2 DualShock form and design
- Super sturdy controller design
- Runs into technical glitches and issues at times
- Short wire length
Find more Sabrent Twelve-Button USB 2.0 Game Controller For PC (USB-GAMEPAD) information and reviews here.
7. Gtron Retro USB Super Classic Controller For PC/Mac
We know a few of you one here play the hell out of retro console emulators. There’s really no need for you to play your favorite old school games with nothing but a keyboard. Don’t put yourself through the pain of trying to complete Super Metroid in this manner. This Gtron Retro SNES-styled gamepad is perfect for moments like that one. It’s compatible with Windows PC and MAC operating systems, so everyone’s covered here with this one.
- Great SNES game controller that’s great for emulators
- Long wired cable
- Well built and sturdy
- Needs separate software to help properly map the controller
- Material feels a little cheaper
8. Thrustmaster GPX Controller with Official License
ThrustMaster’s PC gaming controller looks different from most of the picks on this list. That’s due to its contoured design, which is optimized to give PC gamers as much comfort and handling as possible. The vibration motors and super precise analog sticks will make your gameplay experiences with all genres feel incredible. Thank the gaming gods that the D-pad on this gamepad is a lot better than the regular one sported on 1st-party Xbox 360 controllers.
- Nice, form-fitting contoured design
- Replicates the awesome feel of the Xbox 360 controller
- Comes with a great trip cord feature that disconnects the wire instead of taking the USB port out of your PC
- May be difficult to map for some games
- Trigger buttons offer a bit more resistance
9. 8Bitdo Bluetooth Wireless Classic NES Controller for iOS and Android Gamepad – PC Mac Linux
This 2nd retro gaming controller is wireless option for our retro gaming heads out there. It’s easy to hook up thanks to its Bluetooth connectivity and it supports Windows PC, MAC and even mobile iOS games. It’s easy to upgrade its firmware and it makes the perfect fit for your NES/SNES emulator needs.
Price: Price Ranges
Buy the 8Bitdo Bluetooth Wireless Classic NES Controller for iOS and Android Gamepad – PC Mac Linux here.
- Perfect wireless retro controller for emulators
- Features the great NES gamepad controller design
- Hard to map to iOS game playing experiences
Find more 8Bitdo Bluetooth Wireless Classic NES Controller for iOS and Android Gamepad – PC Mac Linux information and reviews here.
10. Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
You’re going to need this racing wheel ASAP if you’re looking to equip yourself for those HD racing games. Logitech made sure to put together this awesome racing game controller for not only the PlayStation 3, but PC gamers as well. The dual-motor force feedback, weight shift feature and 16 programmable buttons all over this bad boy are just some of the finer attributes of this peripheral.
- Good quality steering wheel
- Plays well with all racing games
- Easily adjustable pedals
- Pretty difficult to initially set up
- Most of the parts must be connected via wires