Here are the top 10 tips/tricks/cheats you need to know for Heavenstrike Rivals.
1. Think of a Strategy for Your Squad
• Sure it’s possible to take any rag-tag Squad into a battle in Heavenstrike Rivals, but Captains with a more nuanced idea of tactics may want to build a Squad around a certain strategy. Perhaps you favor the quick-win rushdowns of a Scout rush squad, or the more risky but powerful Inspire Squads of Lambkins and Ogurs? Whatever your tactics, make sure you have your Squad fully kitted out to suit your play style.
2. Have a Good Balance of Mana Cost Units
• It’s never fun being stuck with no units to play at the start of a battle – avoid this happening to you by ensuring you have a good variety of mana cost units in your Squad. Battles start with just 2 mana available, which increases by 2 each turn up to a maximum of 10 mana.
3. Get to Know Your Daily Quest Types
• There are a variety of recurring daily quests in HSR which all good Captains should commit to memory if they want to maximize their power. Daily Quests change focus Monday through Sunday and give class-specific XP items to train up your Units, whilst the Core Collector quest gives a guaranteed 1 core each day on completion. There are other types of repeating quest events in HSR so be sure to check out the FAQ and familiarize yourself with what’s on offer.
4. Train Your Squads!
• Units in HSR will level up as they gain XP, which you can get through completing battles. Another way to level up your units though is through ‘Training’ them with other units or items. Visit your inventory and use the ‘Train’ command which lets you sacrifice a Unit/s or special XP boosting items to really give your chosen units a helping hand.
5. Level Up Your Unit Skills!
• The Training mode in HSR doesn’t just let you boost your Unit’s Health and Attack through leveling up, it also lets you level up your Units unique skill, which starts at 1 and caps at 5. To level up a skill, train two Units of the same skill type together; one will be sacrificed leaving the other with an increased skill rank!