We’ve known about the custom Gamerpics coming to Xbox One for quite some time now. Before, the option was only available for those testing the the update, but now it is releasing for everyone.
Here’s a list of all the things coming with today’s update:
- Upload custom Gamerpics to your Xbox profile; choose how you want to express yourself.
- Mixer Co-streaming is now on console, for everyone: With just a few clicks, you and up to three of your friends can stream together in a single broadcast. Plus, never miss your friends’ streams inside your Club and Arena Tournaments.
- Sign-in to your Xbox One with just one press of the Xbox button on your controller. Now you can make your controller truly your own.
- New user-generated tournaments for Killer Instinct on Xbox One means it’s never been easier to go to battle with your friends.
The co-streaming feature is a big one that not other streaming service has. Using Mixer to co-stream will allow you and up to three other streamers to all fit on one screen. This means that if you have a party of four, say in Destiny, all of your screens will be available to watch on one screen so a viewer never has to miss any action.
With this update, players will be able to upload custom Gamerpics from the Xbox app on their phone, Windows 10 PC or from the console itself.
You will be able to link your account to a certain controller with the update as well. This is beneficial if there are multiple accounts on one Xbox. If you bind your account to a certain controller, by turning on that controller, it will automatically sign into your account.
To link your account, you have to follow these steps:
- Go to Setttings
- Choose “Sign-in, security & passkey”
- Select “This controller signs in.”
- Choose “Link controller”
This is one of the bigger updates to release on Xbox One in some time so it might take a little bit of troubleshooting to find out how everything works. The update was mostly focused on fan feedback and it looks like Microsoft delivered with this one.
Discuss on Facebook