HeavyMMA.com will have live updates from today’s UFC 139 press conference in San Jose.
Henderson and Le are recent signees from Strikeforce.
The press conference is scheduled to begin at 4 p.m. ET/1 p.m. PT, and we’ll have live updates and commentary throughout the proceedings.
The press conference is scheduled to begin momentarily. You can watch the entire video below.
– Henderson says he only has one fight he’s interested in at 185 and that’s Anderson, but that Anderson doesn’t want the fight right now. Dana says Henderson needs to beat Shogun first and they’ll figure it out from there.
– Cung Le says he learned his lesson about trying to film a movie during training camp for his first fight with Scott Smith. He’s been training since February so he’ll be ready to rock for his bout with Wanderlei Silva.
– Wanderlei never actually considered retiring. He believes he grew up in the ring and in the cage, and he’ll keep fighting as long as they want him to.
– Le notes that he’s fought all over the world, but that coming to the UFC is a dream come true. He plans on giving the fans what they want to see.
– Silva says his back is against the wall, but that he’s one of the guys who fight better under pressure.
– Dana says he’ll see if Koscheck wants to fight Fitch and then they can both fight in San Jose. He’s joking, but he says that Koscheck does want to fight in San Jose.
– Le says he just wanted to fight in the UFC; it didn’t matter if the card was held in San Jose or Las Vegas.
– Shogun puts the kibosh on a move to middleweight. His walking weight is 225 and it would be too difficult for him to make it down to middleweight.
– A fan asks Dana if he’s going to fight in the UFC. What a stupid question. Dana says he can barely get on a treadmill, much less fight. Henderson says that the heavyweight division is already stacked. Good one.
– That was a fast press conference.
– Cung Le says he’s focused on fighting for the UFC and not movies.