Ditto is in the wild in Pokemon Go! As Pokemon Go trainers celebrate, many have still not found Ditto. When you see Ditto in the wild, he appears to look just like a regular Pokemon. So far, there have been no indications that he’s “derpy” looking in any way. So the only way to guess who might secretly be a Ditto is to figure out which Pokemon are turning into Ditto the most. Niantic hasn’t given any official statements about who transforms into Ditto. But we’ve gathered some details from Pokemon Go trainers.
Here’s what you need to know.
According to communities like Reddit’s The Silph Road, the following Pokemon have been reported as transforming into Ditto. Not all of these species have been confirmed, and the ones that aren’t are noted. The most commonly reported species that transform into Ditto are 2 km species. The list is being compiled by Redditor Paanvaannd.
Most common Pokemon Go Transformations:
Less Common but Reported Pokemon Go Transformations:
(Note: Not all of these reports contained proof or confirmation that they were the source of a Ditto transformation. If you found a Ditto from one of these species, let us know.)
- Metapod (reported on Reddit here)
- Venonant (listed on Reddit here, but no link to proof)
- Paras (listed on Reddit here, but no link to proof)
- Mankey (reported on Reddit here)
- Ekans (listed on Reddit here, but no link to proof)
- Snorlax (listed on Reddit here, but no link to proof)
- Doduo (listed on Reddit here, but no link to proof)
- Nidoran♂ (listed on Reddit here, but no link to proof)
Did you find a Ditto that was in the form of a different Pokemon than we have listed? Let us know in the comments below. Then fill out this Google Doc created by Reddit’s Paanvaannd and share your findings. We’ll be updating this story as more information is available.
Read more about Ditto in Spanish at AhoraMismo.com: