Injustice 2 is the newest fighting game released by developer NetherRealm Studios and there’s a lot to enjoy if you are looking to pick up this DC Comics brawler. One of the most attractive features is the single player campaign which tasks players with stopping the evil Brainiac from destroying the entire world during his pursuit of knowledge. In the single player, users will take command of a variety of different heroes as they battle across a variety of different stages.
Here are all of Injustice 2’s chapters and their corresponding characters:
- Godfall: Batman
- The Girl Who Laughs: Harley Quinn
- The Brave and the Bold: Black Canary/Green Arrow
- Invasion!: Flash
- Sea of Troubles: Green Lantern
- Assault on Stryker’s Island: Firestorm/Blue Beetle
- Breaking and Entering: Cyborg/Catwoman
- Goddess of War: Wonder Woman
- Last Hope of Krypton: Supergirl
- Three Kings: Black Adam/Aquaman
- The World’s Finest: Batman/Superman
- The Choice: Batman/Superman
There are also two additional chapters at the end, however, for the sake of spoilers we are going to hold off on naming them. Each chapter is made up of 3-5 encounters and roughly take a little more than an hour to finish depending on your skill level. An average playthrough of the campaign on normal will take you around 5-7 hours (double if you play on hard), but some of that time will get shaved off if you skip the lengthy cutscenes.
There is also an Arcade Mode which can easily extend Injustice 2’s life by several hours, along with the Multiverse section which offers endless amounts of replayability. Omitting the online portion of Injustice 2, there’s around 40 to 50 hours of gameplay before you decide to fight against other players. Injustice 2 is a robust game, so even if you are not looking to fight against real people there is more than enough content to enjoy.