Splatoon 2 Splatfest Results: Ice Cream Took the Cake
Search Heavy

Splatoon 2 Splatfest Results: Ice Cream Took the Cake

splatoon 2 splatfest, splatfest, splatfest results Screenshot by Jack Fennimore

Ice Cream was the most popular team.

The results are in for Splatoon 2’s very first Splatfest. After four hours of battling it out, Team Ice Cream creamed Team Cake.

Splatfest is where players decide to be on one of two teams and then battle it out with each other. For this Splatfest, players had to choose which dessert is superior: cake or ice cream.

Both teams were first judged on votes, or who had the most people sign up for their team. Team Ice Cream had the most votes with 76 percent of Splatfest players signing up while Team Cake had the remaining 24 percent.

splatoon 2 splatfest, splatfest, splatfest results

Team Ice Cream had more wins in solo matches while Team Cake had more wins in team matches.

The two teams were then judged on who had the most wins. The wins were divided up between solo matches, where individual players were put into teams; and team matches, where friends got together as groups and fought each other. Team Ice Cream beat Team Cake in solo matches, securing 51 percent of wins over Team Cake’s 49 percent. However, Team Cake beat Team Ice Cream in team matches with 53 percent of wins over Team Ice Cream’s 47 percent.

Based on popularity and win rate, Team Ice Cream came out on top. And according to the official rules of Splatfest, Ice Cream is now legally better than cake – as it should be.

splatoon 2 splatfest, splatfest, splatfest results

Team Ice Cream creamed Team Cake.

As for the Splatfest for Japanese players, Team Rock beat Team Pop. Team Rock had the popularity vote of 52 percent of players while Team Pop had the remaining 48 percent. While Team Pop beat Team Rock in solo matches with 52 percent of wins, Team Rock beat Team Pop in team matches with 51 percent of wins.

If you missed Splatfest, don’t worry as Nintendo said that Splatfest support will continue for at least two years after launch.

Splatoon 2 will release on Nintendo Switch on July 21, 2017. Until then, don’t get cooked, say off the hook.

No Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Discuss on Facebook