The UFC may not have scheduled a live broadcast to compete with “Strikeforce on CBS” on April 17, but that doesn’t mean they’re going to let the competition run unopposed.
Spike TV announced this morning that an encore presentation of “UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez” will air on April 17 at 9 p.m. ET, directly opposite the Strikeforce show on CBS.
The show, featuring a main event between Cain Velasquez and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, originally took place on February 20 in Australia. Velasquez put a whuppin’ on Nogueira in the main event, instantly turning himself into a bonafide heavyweight title contender.
The Spike TV telecast will include the following bouts:
– Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Cain Velasquez
– Wanderlei Silva vs. Michael Bisping
– Joe Stevenson vs. George Sotiropoulos
– Keith Jardine vs. Ryan Bader
– Mirko Cro Cop vs. Anthony Perosh
– Chris Lytle vs. Brian Foster
Check out Heavy.com’s coverage of UFC 110