Saturday MMA News Roundup
Here at Heavy MMA, we wish you the greatest of weekends. But before you head out to the beach and lay in the sun, sipping a tropical cocktail to the tunes of Jimmy Buffett, let us catch you up on any MMA news you might have missed. Here’s the Saturday news roundup.
– Much has been made of Rashad Evans game plan against Quinton “Rampage” Jackson last Saturday at UFC 114. Many fans are complaining that he took the easy way out by using his superior ground game much the same way Josh Koscheck did at UFC 113 against Paul Daley. Spencer Kyte tells us why the ground game is not boring and as important as any other aspect of MMA.
– Didn’t get a chance to listen to the UFC 115 media conference call? Well here’s your chance to find out what was said as Chuck Liddell, Rich Franklin, Mirko Cro Cop and Pat Barry all took turns discussing their upcoming bouts.
– Ryan Loco is back with another edition of The Loco Life. In volume 26, Loco discusses his recent trip to Vegas for the UFC Fan Expo and UFC 114. And what card game do Josh Barnett and Miguel Torres have a history of playing?
– Check out what Pat Barry has to say about his upcoming bout with Cro-Cop in this video interview.
– “The Kimbo Killer” is back in the UFC. Seth Petruzelli will return at UFC 116.
– Chuck Liddell looks to get his career back on track against Rich Franklin at UFC 115. Here is what he had to say about Franklin and his long layoff.
In other news around the world of mixed martial arts:
– In an interview with Cage Potato, UFC undefeated lightweight Evan Dunham discusses his upcoming battle with training partner Tyson Griffin at UFC 115.
– Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal told MMA Fighting that he will be fighting for Strikeforce on August 21 in Houston.
– Middle Easy, citing relaible sources, is saying that Fedor Emelianenko might retire once his current contract is through and run for the senate in Russia.