– All bouts for this event are now official with the addition of Sean Pierson vs. Matt Riddle to the 11-fight card. It’s headlined by the much-anticipated Georges St. Pierre/Josh Koscheck welterweight championship bout.
Two bouts were made official for the preliminary card.
– Jeremy Stephens will welcome Marcus Davis to the lightweight division. Davis recently announced his decision to drop to the lightweight class for the remainder of his career after feeling undersized in recent welterweight bouts.
– Daniel “Ninja” Roberts will take on Greg Soto. Roberts, a member of the Skrap Pack based in California, has scored consecutive victories over Forrest Petz and Mike Guymon. Soto defeated Nick Osipczak at UFC 118 and holds a 1-1 record in UFC competition.
– Mark Hominick will face George Roop on the Spike-televised card. Hominick was originally asked to face new UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo on New Year’s, but a hand injury forced Hominick to decline the bout. He’ll instead face Roop, who knocked out “The Korean Zombie” Chan Sung Jung during his last bout at WEC 51.
– Amilcar Alves will face Charlie Brenneman. Alves lost to Mike Pierce at UFC 118, while Brenneman lost to Johny Hendricks at UFC 117.
– Michael Bisping vs. Jorge Rivera could take place on this card. Rivera confirmed that he’d been offered the fight in a video taken over the weekend. Rivera was originally scheduled to face Alessio Sakara at UFC 122, but Sakara pulled out of the fight during the event with flu-like symptoms.
Discuss on Facebook