President-Elect Donald Trump’s inauguration is today, and people around the world are going to want to tune in to see him be sworn in as President, along with a lot of other inauguration festivities. The inauguration ceremony will begin at 9:30 a.m. Eastern, but Trump’s actual swearing-in ceremony won’t start until 11:30 a.m. He should be officially sworn in by noon. After the ceremony, President Barack Obama will depart and Trump will attend a luncheon. After that, an Inauguration Parade will be broadcast starting around 3 p.m. Eastern. Here’s a look at the broadcast information.
DATE: Today, Friday, January 20, 2017
INAUGURATION COVERAGE TIME: Every major broadcast station is beginning their inauguration coverage at different times. However, only CSPAN is going to have wall-to-wall complete coverage that includes the swearing in, the inaugural address, the inaugural parade, and inaugural balls.
SCHEDULE FOR THE DAY: If you’re mostly interested in Trump’s swearing-in ceremony, you’ll want to start tuning in around 11:30 a.m. Eastern. If you want to catch the parade, start watching around 3 p.m. Eastern. Here’s a rough schedule of the day. Exactly which parts of the schedule each station covers is up to their discretion. All times are Eastern.
- 9:30 a.m. – Inauguration ceremony begins
- 11:30 a.m. – Beginning of opening remarks
- 12:00 p.m. – Trump is sworn in as President and then shares his inaugural remarks
- After Inauguration: Departure of the Obamas
- Inaugural Luncheon
- 3 p.m. – Inaugural parade begins
- 7 p.m. – Inaugural balls begin
TV CHANNEL: The inauguration will be broadcast live on all the major networks and leading cable sites, including ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, and PBS NewsHour, and more. Only CSPAN, however, will have nonstop wall-to-wall coverage from early in the morning until late at night.
To find out what channel the station you want to watch is on for you, click here to go to TV Guide’s listings. Then change the “Provider” (right under TV Listings) to your local provider. You’ll be able to scroll down to see what channel the station you’re interested in is on for you.
SPECIAL INAUGURATION COVERAGE TIMES:
Here are some specific broadcast networks and the times they’ll be beginning their coverage of the inaugurationg. Major broadcast stations like CNN, CNBC, Fox News, MSNBC, Telemundo, Univision, and others will be covering the inauguration. Note that only CSPAN has all day coverage lasting until late into the night.
- MSNBC’s all-day inauguration coverage begins at 10 a.m. Eastern and lasts until 5 p.m.
- CNN is hosting all day inauguration coverage, beginning at 9 a.m. Eastern until 2 p.m.
- CSPAN has all-day, wall-to-wall inauguration coverage beginning at 5 a.m. Eastern and lasting until 11 p.m. Eastern.
- Fox News is hosting inauguration coverage all day until 4 p.m. Eastern as part of “America’s Election Headquarters Inauguration 2017.”
- Fox Business Network also has inauguration coverage from 11 a.m. Eastern until 5 p.m. Eastern, followed by coverage from 11 p.m. Eastern to 5 a.m. Eastern.
- NBC News is having special inauguration coverage starting at 10 a.m. Eastern called “NBC News Special Report: Inauguration Day.” It will last until 3 p.m. Eastern.
- ABC’s inauguration coverage begins at 11 a.m. Eastern and lasts all day until 4 p.m. Then 20/20 will cover the inauguration at 10:01 p.m. Eastern.
- CBS is having special inauguration coverage starting at 10 a.m. Eastern called: “CBS News: The Inauguration of Donald Trump.” This will last until 1 p.m. Eastern. Local news stations will likely cover the inauguration, and then CBS will have a special called “Change and Challenge: The Inauguration” from 8-9 p.m. Eastern.
- PBS NewsHour has inauguration coverage starting at 11 a.m. Eastern and lasting until 2 p.m.
- Telemundo is having inauguration coverage all day, beginning at 9 a.m. Eastern.
INAUGURATION LIVE STREAM: Click here to find watch the inauguration online via live stream.
Learn more about the inauguration below:
Read more about the Trump inauguration in Spanish at AhoraMismo.com: