The 2015 NHL Draft Lottery will take place tonight be televised on NBC before the start of Game 2 of the Pittsburgh Penguins-New York Rangers first-round playoff series at 8:00 p.m. Eastern. The Lottery will also be televised on CBC.
This year’s draft is from June 26-27 in Sunrise, Florida and is regarded as the best overall draft since 2003 because of the potential star power at the top and the amount of quality NHL talent that could be found in the later rounds. The consensus top three players in this draft are super prospect center Connor McDavid who projects closely to Sidney Crosby, Boston University center Jack Eichel who projects closely to John Tavares and Boston College defesneman Noah Hanifin who projects closely to a Drew Doughty.
The lottery is determined by a set of four balls drawn from random that create a four-digit combination. The Buffalo Sabres finished with the worst record in 2014-15, thus own the best chance at winning the lottery with the most amount of four-digit combinations.
Here are the odds for each team to win the lottery and secure the first-overall selection:
1. Buffalo Sabres, 20 percent (200 combinations)
2. Arizona Coyotes, 13.5 percent (135 combinations)
3. Edmonton Oilers 11.5 percent (115 combinations)
4. Toronto Maple Leafs, 9.5 percent (95 combinations)
5. Carolina Hurricanes, 8.5 percent (85 combinations)
6. New Jersey Devils, 7.5 percent (75 combinations)
7. Philadelphia Flyers, 6.5 percent (65 combinations)
8. Columbus Blue Jackets, 6 percent (60 combinations)
9. San Jose Sharks, 5 percent (50 combinations)
10. Colorado Avalanche, 3.5 percent (35 combinations)
11. Florida Panthers, 3 percent (30 combinations)
12. Dallas Stars, 2.5 percent (25 combinations)
13. Los Angeles Kings, 2 percent (20 combinations)
14. Boston Bruins, 1 percent (10 combinations)
All combinations refer to the amount of four-digit combinations each team has.
Here’s how to watch the 2015 NHL Draft Lottery online and on mobile for NBC users:
Watch the 2015 NHL Draft Lottery Online
If you have access to a cable or satellite subscription — either yours or someone else’s — you can watch the Lottery online for free via NBC Sports Live Extra. You’ll need a cable or satellite log-in and password to access the stream. The site’s frequently asked questions page has a rundown of technical requirements and other information.
Watch the 2015 NHL Draft Lottery on Mobile
Mobile users can watch the Lottery via the NBC Sports Live Extra App, which you can download in the App Store or the Google Play Store. As is the case with the desktop livestream, you’ll need a cable provider log-in to watch.