
The Seattle Seahawks‘ concerns at wide receiver did not end with Jake Bobo being carted off the practice field Friday.
Head coach Mike Macdonald also revealed that second-year receiver Tory Horton will be sidelined for an unspecified stretch, giving Seattle another availability concern at the position with the regular season approaching.
“Yeah, he’s still working through his stuff,” Macdonald said when asked about Horton after the Seahawks’ joint practice with the Tennessee Titans. “He’s going to be out for a period of time.”
Macdonald did not identify Horton’s injury or offer a more specific timetable.
The update carries considerably more weight after what happened to Bobo earlier in the same practice. Macdonald said the initial outlook for Bobo’s knee injury was serious and potentially long-term, although Seattle was still awaiting imaging.
“Our heart goes out to Jake Bobo,” Macdonald said. “It seems like it’s going to be a serious knee [injury]. We’re going to get an image, but early returns just look like it’s a long-term injury.”
Seahawks News: Tory Horton Injury Update Marks Change From Earlier Team Message
Horton’s status had already become something to monitor before Seattle traveled to Tennessee.
He missed practice earlier in the week, when Macdonald said only that Horton was “working through some things.” Friday’s description was more definitive: Horton is going to miss a period of time.
It remains unclear whether the current issue has any connection to the leg injury that ended Horton’s promising rookie season.
Horton underwent surgery during the offseason after a shin injury cut short his 2025 campaign. He returned to the field during training camp, an encouraging development after spending much of the offseason rehabbing.
Now Seattle is again waiting on its young receiver.
Horton showed considerable scoring ability in limited action as a rookie, catching 13 passes for 161 yards and five touchdowns. He also provided value as a returner, including a 95-yard punt-return touchdown.
That versatility gives his absence significance beyond the receiving rotation.
Jake Bobo Injury News Changes Seahawks’ WR Equation
Seattle has considerable talent at the top of its receiving corps with Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Cooper Kupp and Rashid Shaheed.
The uncertainty begins behind them.
Bobo had established himself as more than a conventional reserve receiver because of his blocking, special-teams work and reliability in specific personnel packages. Seattle demonstrated how much it valued him during the offseason by matching Jacksonville’s offer sheet to retain him.
Macdonald reinforced that point Friday.
“He’s a beast, man,” Macdonald said. “He’s just a great, great football player, a great Seahawk.”
Seattle does not yet have a final diagnosis for Bobo, so labeling his injury season-ending would be premature. But Macdonald’s use of “long-term” means the Seahawks have to start considering what the receiver room looks like without him.
Horton’s absence makes that question more urgent.
Young receivers such as Emmanuel Henderson Jr. and Montorie Foster Jr. now have a potentially larger opportunity to make their case. Foster has generated positive reviews during camp, while Henderson is trying to carve out a role as a rookie.
Seattle still has time before finalizing its regular-season roster, and Horton’s unspecified timetable could ultimately prove much shorter than Bobo’s.
For now, however, the Seahawks have gone from evaluating a crowded group of receivers to dealing with uncertainty around two players who were expected to provide important depth.
And until Seattle receives Bobo’s imaging results and offers a clearer timeline for Horton, wide receiver has suddenly become one of the more important positions to watch over the remainder of the preseason.
Seahawks Get More Troubling Injury News After Jake Bobo Update