With NFL action back underway, being able to watch the NFL Network is imperative. Fortunately for cord cutters who don’t have cable but are looking to watch a live stream of the channel, doing so has never been easier.
While those with a cable log-in can watch the NFL Network via NFL.com, cord cutters can do watch it through an over-the-top streaming service, which allows you to watch a handful of channels for a monthly fee.
When it comes to these services, there are two that have NFL Network as a part of their channel packages: Sling TV is by far the cheapest option, while PlayStation Vue offers some different pros and cons. Both have free trials, so you can test them out at no cost.
Here’s a rundown of what these live streaming services provide, and how to sign up to start watching the NFL Network on your computer or other streaming device:
Cheapest Option: Sling TV
The NFL Network is included in Sling TV’s “Sling Blue” bundle, which costs just $25 per month. Even if you add DVR, which is $5 per month extra, this is still by far the cheapest option for getting the NFL Network on a streaming service.
Here’s a rundown of “Sling Blue”:
Total Channels Included: 40-plus, depending on local channels available. You can find the complete channel list right here
Price: $25 per month
Extras: Watch on three devices at once; 50 hours of cloud DVR is $5 per month extra (restrictions with certain channels)
Free Trial: 7 days
How to Sign Up & Watch:
2. Click on “Watch Now 7 Days Free” and then create an account
3. Select the channel package you want. “Sling Blue” will give you access to NFL Network
4. Enter your payment information. The “Sling Blue” bundle is $25 per month. If you cancel your subscription within seven days of signing up, you will not be charged
5. Download the Sling app on your computer or mobile device and begin watching TV. If you’re interested in watching Sling TV on a mobile or streaming device, you can do so via their app, which is free to download. You can click here for a full list of compatible devices
Most Streams At Once: PlayStation Vue
PlayStation Vue comes in well above Sling TV in price point, as its cheapest bundle with the NFL Network is expensive is “Core,” which costs $44.99 per month.
Still, it does have some compelling advantages, as DVR is included and users can watch on five separate devices at once, which is more than any other streaming device.
Here’s a look at the “Core” bundle:
Total Channels Included: 60-plus, depending on local channels available. You can find the complete channel list here
Extras: Watch on five different devices at once; cloud DVR (restrictions with certain channels)
Free Trial: 5 days
How to Sign Up & Watch:
2. Click on “Start Free Trial” and then create an account
3. Select the channel package you want. There are four different options, with “Core” and above all including the NFL Network
4. Enter your payment information. The “Core” package costs $44.99 per month, while there are other options with NFL Network at $54.99 or $74.99 per month. If you cancel your subscription within seven days of signing up, you will not be charged
5. Return to the PlayStation Vue website to start watching on your desktop. You can also watch via the PlayStation Vue app, which is available via a handful of different mobile or streaming devices. You can click here for the complete list of compatible devices