Entering Week 17, five teams — the New England Patriots, Denver Broncos, Cincinnati Bengals, Indianapolis Colts and Pittsburgh Steelers — had all clinched a playoff spot. The Patriots, Broncos and Colts had all clinched their divisions. Four AFC teams — the San Diego Chargers, Baltimore Ravens, Houston Texans and Kansas City Chiefs — were all still alive for the AFC’s final playoff spot.
With the Chiefs 19-7 win over the Chargers and the Ravens 20-10 win over the Browns, the Ravens clinched the final playoff spot in the AFC.
Here is the current AFC playoff seeding:
The Division Leaders:
1. New England Patriots — 12-4 — Clinched home-field advantage in the AFC
2. Denver Broncos — 12-4 — Clinched AFC West
3. Cincinnati Bengals — 10-4-1 — Clinched playoff berth, Clinch AFC North and No. 3 seed with W vs. PIT, Can clinch 1st-round bye with W and DEN loss
4. Indianapolis Colts — 11-5 — Clinched AFC South, Clinched No. 4 seed
The Wild Card Contenders:
5. Pittsburgh Steelers — 10-5 — Clinched playoff berth, Clinch AFC North and No. 3 seed with win vs. CIN
6. Baltimore Ravens — 10-6 — Clinched playoff berth and No. 6 seed
– The Steelers have clinched at least the No. 5 seed. Tonight’s Cincinnati/Pittsburgh game will determine the No. 3 and No. 5 seeds.
Discuss on Facebook