Cecily Aguilar: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Bell County Jail

Cecily Aguilar was arrested on July 1 in Bell County, Texas. She’s the girlfriend of Aaron Robinson, the soldier who killed himself when officials approached him about Vanessa Guillen’s disappearance. A criminal complaint shows that Aguilar confessed to dismembering and helping bury Guillen’s body, and she helped officials gather evidence against Robinson shortly before he killed himself. She has since pleaded not guilty to charges filed against her.

Here’s what you need to know about Cecily Aguilar.

1. Cecily Aguilar Was Arrested Around 4 AM on July 1

Bell County Jail

Aguilar was arrested around 4 a.m. on July 1, but her name wasn’t added publicly to Bell County’s inmate roster until later in the day. Her mugshots and details were briefly removed from the website, but they were added back a few hours later.

Bell County

According to Bell County Jail, she is charged with a third-degree felony.

You can read the full complaint against her here.

U.S. District Court

According to a criminal complaint, she was charged in federal court. The complaint says that Aguilar “did unlawfully and willfully combine, conspire, confederate and agree together and with others to corruptly alter, destroy, mutilate, and conceal an object, or attempt to do so, with the intent to impair its integrity and availability for use in an official proceeding.”

Bell County

She was born in 1998. Her Facebook posts indicate that she has a child. Aguilar also had a theft case in Bell County from December 2019.

2. She’s Friends with Robinson on Facebook & the Guillen Family’s Attorney Said They Were Dating


According to KVUE, Aguilar is the estranged wife of a former soldier who was once at Fort Hood. She’s friends with Aaron Robinson on Facebook. In fact, both of her Facebook profiles (one under the name of Cecily Brown and one under the name of Cecily Aguilar) are both friends with Robinson.

She was living with Robinson when Guillen died, ABC 11 reported. Robinson had moved in with Aguilar and her husband, a Fort Hood soldier, in December 2019. She had originally introduced Robinson to a friend as her husband’s friend. But her marriage was struggling, her friend Ayrren Clough told ABC 11. She later moved out of her husband’s house and Robinson moved out with her.

The Guillen family’s attorney Natalie Khawam told CrimeOnline that officials told her Aguilar was Robinson’s girlfriend and was involved in Guillen’s disappearance. She said officials told her they had evidence against Robinson dating back to the day of Guillen’s disappearance, and they alleged that Aguilar helped Robinson bury and hide Guillen’s body.

In a complaint filed against Aguilar, officials said that Aguilar and Robinson were living together in an off-post residence.

U.S. District Court

On February 22, Aguilar posted on Facebook that she was in a relationship.


Her Facebook lists her as living in Jackson, Michigan, and her bio simply reads: “my kids have paws.”


In June, she shared this photo below that reads: “Your soulmate is the person who mends your Broken Heart, by simply giving you, Theirs.”


Her ex-husband said on social media a week before Robinson died that he had been shot at and some paperwork had stopped the bullet.

3. Her Social Media Posts Talked About ‘Selling Feet Pics,’ Wanting a Sugar Daddy, & Having a Dark Side


Aguilar posts frequently on social media. Here are just some of her posts. In June, she posted a conspiracy theory about COVID-19.

In June she also posted against animal abusers, racism, corona, and blue cheese.


She posted in April about how she’d cut grass with scissors before going back to someone she had been with before.


In April, she shared a memory about how she wasn’t bitter.


Here are some more of her posts.


In January she posted that she was blessed.



A Twitter page with the name Cecily Aguilar from Texas has advertised that she is “selling feet pics.” Unvollkommenheit means imperfection or defect.


In March she posted that was “looking for a real #sugadaddy.” This was after she posted on Facebook in February that she was in a relationship.


She frequently posted about selling pictures, including feet pictures.



She also has an Instagram page, Cecily5818, with some of the same photos from her Twitter and Facebook pages.


She has a second Instagram page called AguilarCecily.


This page has the same “my kids have paws” tagline that she uses on Facebook.

View this post on Instagram


A post shared by Cecily Aguilar (@aguilarcecily) on May 25, 2020 at 8:11am PDT

She posted the video above about five weeks ago on May 25, about a month after Guillen disappeared, along with multiple other videos and photos on the same day. In one she wrote: “People who fight fire with fire end up with the ashes of their own integrity.”


She also posted on May 1 quite a bit about having a dark side. In one post she wrote: “I loved her, the dark side of her. Any girl can play innocent, but her demons are what drove me wild. Her secrets, her pain she mask by laughter, her darkness she trys so hard to hide, thats what made me fall for her.” [sic]


Also on May 1, weeks after Guillen’s disappearance, she wrote: “He showed her the darkest part of him, she said ‘black is my favorite color’💕”


Guillen disappeared on April 22. By April 24, just two days later, Aguilar posted a series of photos of herself on Instagram, writing: “She was born in the fire Fierce to melt iron You fell in love with a women Who knows how to tame the dragon Shes the targaryen of her own soul.” [sic]


She also wrote: “No one can make you feel inferior with out your consent.” [sic]

3. Aaron Robinson Killed Himself After Authorities Wanted to Question Him in Connection with Guillen’s Disappearance


Aaron Robinson shot himself after authorities approached him in Killeen, Texas, wanting to question him in connection with Guillen’s disappearance.

Robinson, a soldier in Fort Hood, had fled the post on Tuesday, KXXV reported, and officials were trying to locate him. When they tried to make contact with him when they found him walking on East Rancier Avenue in Killeen, he shot himself, dying on the scene.

Officials did not immediately identify Robinson, but the Guillen family attorney Natalie Khawam identified him in a press conference. The Army later confirmed his identification in a press conference on Wednesday, July 2.

Khawam said in a July 1 press conference: “We told command who we believed it was and why. From there the search went quicker…. Last night they issue a BOLO and that person ran off base and shot himself when they came up to him. This is the same person we have been talking about the superior who she was with that day and harassed her.”

Guillen’s sister, Mayra, said that she has met the suspect once and she thought something wasn’t right about him, KVUE reported.

She said that while they were searching for Guillen, Robinson laughed in her face.

4. The Family Attorney Says Guillen’s Death Was Connected to Sexual Harassment

Khawam said that Guillen’s death was the result of sexual harassment within the military, KSAT reported. The attorney is expected to demand a congressional investigation.

Army’s Criminal Investigation Command was investigating claims that she was sexually harassed,  ABC 7 reported. Col. Ralph Overland, commander of the 3rd Calvary Regiment, said he had opened an investigation. “I take allegations of sexual harassment very seriously and we are conducting a thorough investigation.”

Khawam told ABC 7 that Guillen was the victim of two instances of sexual harassment, but she feared retaliation and didn’t report them. In one case, her superior walked in while she was showering. In another, someone made vulgar remarks toward her in Spanish. CNN reported that one of the people harassing her was one of her sergeants.

On July 2, the Army held a press conference and said they had not found any evidence to corroborate claims that Guillen had been sexually harassed, and they couldn’t connect Robinson to sexual harassment claims. Guillen’s family has said Guillen didn’t file an official report because she feared retaliation, and the family attorney is pushing for legislation to allow soldiers to file reports without fear of an internal review that would leave them feeling unsafe.

5. Aguilar Worked with Law Enforcement to Track Down Robinson & Confessed to Helping Dismember & Bury Guillen’s Body

Guillen, 20, was stationed at Fort Hood, Texas. She was last seen at 1 p.m. on Wednesday, April 22, in the parking lot of the Regimental Engineer Squadron Headquarters, 3rd Cavalry Regiment at Fort Hood, according to an Army press release. She’s a Private First Class in the Army, CNN reported.

Guillen’s sister, Mayra Guillen, said she last spoke with her sister the night before she was last seen. They talked about how Vanessa had planned to buy a new car. Guillen had been working earlier in the day in the armory room. Her car keys, barracks room key, identification card and wallet were found in the armory room. Her car was also still at Fort Hood.

Partial human remains were discovered near Leon River on Tuesday, KSAT reported. Kawham said those remains are believed to be Guillen’s.

In a complaint filed against Aguilar, officials said that Guillen’s last text message was to Robinson’s phone. Robinson’s phone was later tracked to Leon River early morning on April 23 and his phone was in that area for about two hours.

The Army’s Criminal Investigative Division said in a statement on Tuesday: “no confirmation as to the identity of the remains has been made at this point and we ask for the media and public’s understanding that the identification process can take time. Due to the ongoing criminal investigation, no further information will be released at this time.”

But the family said that they believe the remains are Guillen’s. Tim Miller, founder of Texas Equusearch, told KWTX that “the search is over.” Miller said that Guillen’s family had asked him to look for answers when authorities weren’t making any progress on the case.

Miller spoke with CrimeOnline and said that the suspects had poured freshly mixed concrete onto Guillen’s body. He said they bought lime, shovels, and plastic bags and then covered the body with rocks. He said there were signs that they had tried to burn her body and evidence near Leon River, about 26 miles from the base.

Miller said that on the day that Guillen disappeared, someone in Fort Hood was seen carrying a 3-foot Pelican case at the armory and was struggling to get it into his vehicle. Guillen had been at Fort Hood that day and wasn’t seen again. Miller said a half-burned Pelican case was found near the Leon River, where human remains were discovered.

Khawam told CrimeOnline that sources had reported to her that Robinson was in the armory when Guillen arrived to work. She said that Guillen confronted him about having an affair with Aguilar when she saw Aguilar’s pictures on his phone. Khawam said that officials told her they argued and Robinson bludgeoned her to death with a hammer, leaving blood in the armory room, and then hid her body in a Pelican case after dismembering her. She said she was told that Aguilar helped him dispose of Guillen’s body.

According to a criminal complaint, Aguilar confessed on June 30 and told investigators that Robinson had struck a female soldier in the head on April 22 multiple times, killing her in Fort Hood. She said Robinson put the soldier in a box and moved her to Leon River. She said that Robinson picked her up at a gas station where she worked late at night on April 22, took her to Leon River, and showed her a dead woman inside a box that he had already left at that location. She said she helped Robinson dismember Guillen’s body and bury here.

Here’s a screenshot from that criminal complaint.

U.S. District Court

She said they returned to the site later with concrete and “continued the process of breaking down the remains.” They later burned their own clothes at their home.

Robinson had been confined to his barracks at Fort Hood, but he absconded on June 30, the complaint reads. Aguilar then, working with the police, called Robinson. He didn’t deny what happened and told her on a “controlled” phone call that they had “found pieces.”

Aguilar has since pleaded not guilty to charges filed against her, including charges of conspiracy to hide and destroy evidence when helping dispose of Guillen’s body, ABC 11 reported. Her trial begins September 28.

READ NEXT: Daily COVID-19 Updates

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x