Make sure you maximize your defensive buildings’ potential by using these top 10 tips/tricks/cheats for Clash of Clans!
1. The Cannon
• Cannons reach their max level at level 12. These are the beginning structures you’ll have to build as you start your Clash of Clans adventure. Cannons are cheap and don’t take too much work to upgrade. Their main usage should be focused on attacking any and all ground units. These defensive items have a high rate of fire and its range is pretty decent, so you should place as many of these around your fort as possible. You should place your cannons around your more powerful defenses, such as your Wizard Tower.
2. The Hidden Tesla
• The Hidden Tesla tower can be upgraded fully to level 8. These towers are hidden to your enemies until they get to closer to it or when these tower’s strength reaches 51-percent. You’ll unlock these defensive buildings when your Town Hall hits level 7. The Hidden Tesla does the most damage to both ground and air units, plus it does double damage to P.E.K.K.A.’s. If you have some free space within your Walls, you should place a Hidden Tesla within it. Hidden Tesla’s tend to take up a 2×2 grid space, so keep that in mind when you’re on the offensive and you’re looking to avoid these defensive towers.
3. The Archer Tower
• Archer Tower’s reach their maximum level at level 13. These structures can take down both ground and air units, plus their high rate of range means they’ll hit your targets most of the time. You should place these towers outside of your village and make sure your other defensive buildings should be nearby. An Archer Tower, Cannon and Mortar combination will deal some great damage if they’re in close proximity.
4. The X-Bow
• X-Bow’s reach their full level at level 4. The X-Bow is turret that’s capable of shooting down ground units at long range or all units at a reduced range. You’ll have to load them up with Elixir in order to get them to start defending you. You should place your X-bow’s near your storage buildings and your Town Hall. A loaded X-Bow clip will display a miniature box icon that features Elixir bolts. If it’s unloaded, you’ll notice that the bowstring is missing. It’s best to take down X-bow’s on the enemy’s side when they’re unloaded.
5. The Mortar
• Mortars reach their full potential at level 8. These heavy defense items deal very high damage, dish out splash damage to anyone in the target’s vicinity and it shoots about every 5 seconds. They can’t shoot down air units, though. Mortars should be placed within the center of your base and at least behind a few of your Walls. Three or more Mortars placed near the center of your base means you’ll be well defended as it knocks down any incoming enemies. If you’re looking to take these down on your rival’s side, employ the use of air troops and Giants.