Future owners of Sony’s PlayStation 4 have some sad news that they’re just gonna have to deal with.
A Q&A session on the PlayStation Europe blog provided some factual answers to a few console fans’ burning questions. Fans just learned about two important factors that the PS4 (sadly) won’t support:
- The PS4 will not only NOT support audio CD playback, but it also won’t stream MP3 files through the console. Users won’t have the ability to stream media content from their PC to the PS4, either. The only music that users can stream through their console are the tunes coming from one’s Music Unlimited subscription service.
– Users also cannot connect external hard drives to their PS4.
Along with these system reveals, a couple of other important news pertaining to the PS4 was put on display. These bits of news pertain to the PS4’s internal hard drive, the use of PS3 Dynamic Themes, online passes, PS3 backwards compatibility and trophy syncing:
- PS4 owners will be able to replace the PS4 system’ss standard hard drive. The PS4 system’s hard drive is used to store downloaded game and video content, game save files, gameplay movies and images, and more. The PS4 system is equipped with a 5400 RPM SATA II hard drive. Users can choose to install a new hard drive so long as it complies with these standards, is no thicker than 9.5mm, and is larger than 160GB.
– No, the PS4 system will not support Dynamic Themes as they currently exist on the PS3 system.
– First-party titles on the PS4 system (titles developed by Sony Computer Entertainment) will not use an Online Pass program. When it comes to third-party titles, PlayStation won’t dictate the strategy of publishers concerning Online Pass programs. However, most third parties have phased out the use of Online Pass systems, so they are unlikely to appear on the PS4 system.
– Yes, the PS4 system comes with a web browser, which is based on webkit technology and is faster and more compatible than the browser that comes with PS3.
– The PS4 system does not support playback of PS3 games. Trophies are connected to your Online ID, and will transfer seamlessly to your PS4 system.
Here's a bit of fresh news updates on the Xbox One and PS4.Click here to read more